─17.

"Hey, what's that?" Seungmin questioned, still  sitting on Hyunjin's bed as the other carried a cardboard box, dropping it to the ground and dusting off his hands.

"Waste. Needed to clean my room." 

"Oh." Seungmin got up and leaned down near the box while Hyunjin walked away to get something else. He picked up a dusty notebook from it, blue covers almost peeling off, with a "Hyunjin" written on it with a clumsy handwriting. Seungmin could guess it was probably from his childhood.

"Hey." Before he could open it, it was snatched from his hand. "Privacy."

"Aw, come on. I'd love to see your childhood drawings. It's cute." Hyunjin flushed in embarrassment, glad that he snatched it before the younger could open it. "No. It's embarrassing."

A photograph in the box caught his eyes. There was a blond woman with lime eyes similar to the ones belonging to Hyunjin, the principal and a smiling young Hyunjin.

Wow, Hyunjin can smile?

"Your family is pretty." The principal was pretty good looking, so he could understand where Hyunjin got his charms from. And the woman he guessed was Hyunjin's mom looked like she could do modelling as a part time job.

"Yeah whatever. It's the only family picture I have." Hyunjin dropped another carton next to the one Seungmin sat near. 

"Why are you throwing it away then?" Seungmin questioned, confusing.

"It's not like that happy family is gonna come back anyways." He breathed out, and Seungmin felt sympathy. Hyunjin would expect a 'I'm sorry' or 'I'm here for you' like the ones Chan told him everytime. 

"Go back to bed. You'll injure yourself more." Seungmin obeyed, sitting back and watching Hyunjin do his work. They had small chats about random things every now and then before Hyunjin finished.

──

"Here." Seungmin turned around with the sound of a metal touching the wooden desk, to see Hyunjin placing a tray on the table.

"Dinner. You should eat." It was fried rice with chicken, and Seungmin would be lying if he said he wasn't starving. "Thank you... Sorry for all the trouble though." He shot a smile of gratefulness to the other. "Don't be. It's nothing." Hyunjin replied.

"How about you, have you eaten?" Seungmin asked, looking at the other who returned his look.

"Not hungry." ── Seungmin didn't know whether to buy it or not, but he decided on staying silent.

It took him long enough to realize his hand was still immobile from the scar. Hyunjin seemed to have noticed, walking forward and clearing his throat to grab the younger's attention.

"Do you... uhm─" he cut himself off with a cough, flustered. "Do you want me to...." Seungmin got the hint, nodding.

Hyunjin pushed the embarrassment away, picking up a spoonful of food and nearing it to Seungmin who bit it like a child.

Seungmin's eyes turned to crescents, hinting that he was smiling while the spoon was still on his mouth. "Yumf." His voice was muffled before he let the spoon go. 

------

"Thank you. I'm full." Seungmin plopped on Hyunjin's bed, curling himself. "Bed's nice." His voice was muffled by a pillow. "Comfy."

Seungmin was acting like a child, but he was tired to be mature right now. Hyunjin figured that he must be tired, as he approached the closet to take out a blanket. Not bothering to cover the boy properly with it, Hyunjin just threw the blanket atop of him. "It's cold. Take this."