─14.

Warnings for: blood and violence

-

Goodness, it was so empty.

So depressingly deserted. There was no noise, no joyful cheering, and no nonsense conversations. There was no one rushing in and out of his room for no apparent purpose. Someone had to yell or disturb him.  He would act disturbed everytime Keita did the mentioned activities but never admit to him that he found it endearing. He only realized now.

He wondered what the younger was feeling. Maybe he should have told him that it wasn't just a trip and they would never see each other again. Then it wouldn't have been a one-sided goodbye.

Who were his parents anyways, to stop him from seeing his brother? 

The relationship between his father and mother had always been so strained, that he watched and endured it all. But he didn't expect them to do this.

The loud bang of a door startled him, as he sat up straight on his bed to see his dad staring at him with a venomous look, a bag of groceries on his hands.

"That bitch really did leave you with me."

Oh, so they hadn't actually agreed to this. It didn't make sense anyways. He wasn't his son, Keita was. But for Keita's safety, it was better. His dad could be... in certain moods. But it's not like he would hurt Seungmin, even if he wasn't his son. Right?

The man groaned before shutting the door, making the younger boy flinch out of surprise. He breathed out, trying to calm himself before falling back to bed. 

What should I do?

--

"SEUNGMIN!"

Fuck, that was loud as hell. He didn't even know what time it is. He had almost forgotten about the sharp pain on his forehead, but the moment he sat up, it started stinging again. The blood was dried by now, it'd be hard to get it off the shirt. He sighed. It was the only school uniform he possessed.

"Seungmin!"

God, this old man was hurting his head even more. He struggled to hold himself up and headed downstairs to see his father sitting on the couch in a very lazy position, green bottles occupying his hands and the tables.

Please don't tell me he's drunk. 

"Boy.. why you still on ya uniform?" He got up and strode towards Seungmin with unsteady movements. It scared him.

"Um..." 

He heard the sound of the glass smashing before he actually felt the pain. This time it was to his other side of the forehead. The shattered pieces laid on his feet as he hissed and stepped back.

"You-" The more steps the man took, the more Seungmin backed away. "It's all your fault, you wretched boy!" His loud voice made him fall back, accidentally stabbing his palm with a sharp piece on the floor. He gave a painful cry at that as tears stung his eyes.

"YOU KNEW!" A foot stomped on his arm and unluckily for him, the man was wearing shoes with thick ends that he probably didn't take off out of laziness. He continued kicking the boy on the ground, who now had blood from his lips.

"Must've been my mistake, I'm sorry." He uttered with no emotion whatsoever in his voice. 

It stopped for a moment as the man stared down at him with a pure murderous look on his face. "Get up." He grabbed the boy by his collar, bringing him up on his knees. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me?"

When he didn't say anything and just chuckled, it seemed to rage something inside the man as he slapped him to the point his head twisted to the other side. Surely his cheek too, was bleeding by now.

He whimpered, his whole body hurt like a bitch. The man would often take his anger out on him caused by his mother, but never hit him. This was by far the worst treatment he had ever gotten from the man he called father.

After what felt like years of torment, he successfully managed to kick him on the stomach resulting him to fall back, as he took the chance to run away.

Fucking hell, why is it so painful to move?

-

Seungmin limped to  nearby alley, partially glad there weren't much people outside at the time to wonder what happened to the poor boy with bruises all over his body. He hissed holding his stomach with the hand that was not bleeding as he skid down a wall.

The hard wall dug into his back like a clawed demon. His previously neat white shirt was now almost fully crimson. He was bleeding, fuck, he was bleeding everywhere. Especially his head and from the 3 inch scar on his palm.

Guess I'll just die from blood loss...

Loud bootsteps reached his ears but his mind was too busy to process it. There were more things to care about, such as what the fuck he was supposed to do now about himself and the pool of blood he was laying on.

The boots stopped in front of him, as he looked up to see Hyunjin.

He waited for him to say something, but instead he leaned down and lifted up his chin gently, careful not to hurt him more than he already was. 

"Who did this to you?"

He didn't sound too surprised of the heavy amount of blood on the ground, instead he looked worried and filled with sympathy? Seungmin stared at him confused before looking away.

"Why do you wanna know?"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes at that. He stood up, walking a few steps. Is he gonna leave? Did he get angry? But instead he heard him greet someone on the phone.

"Sir, are you coming home now?"

Seungmin shut his eyes again to distract himself from the pain, not attempting to make out the words coming from the other side of the phone.

"Alright." 

Hyunjin approached and leaned down once again. "D-Don't take me to the hospital..." He mumbled, curling into a ball. Hyunjin stared at him in disbelief. 

"Are you stupid? You trying to die from blood loss or what?"

Seungmin looked away, unable to answer. Hyunjin sighed at that.

He wrapped his arms around the younger boy, picking him up in bridal style effortlessly. Seungmin was startled by his actions, but also by the fact Hyunjin was that strong.

"Probably the only time I'm glad he won't be home..."