※ [Prologue] ※

♬=♡=✩=✦=✩=♡=♫

[ Location ] [ Minami Residence ]

[ First Person POV ]

My eyes flutter open as the morning rays of sunlight had awoken me from my slumber. Hearing the melodies sung by the birds outside of my window, i turned my head towards the only window i have inside my room and saw three little blue birds standing on a branch.

A smile etches across my face as I then hopped out of my own bed. Skipping towards the window sill, i then opened the window to greet the birds.

"Ohayo!" I let out, which resulted them to fly away. "Aww...." I lightly frowned.

"Maybe that was too loud of me?" I murmured. Glancing to where the little aves had flown off to. To which ended to me gazing at the vast beautiful blue sky and as well as the cherry blossoms around the streets that had fully bloomed just a few days ago.

It was such a sight to see, like a sign of welcoming another day!

Well then, Sunday! Allow me to greet you once again with open arms!

After wearing my casual clothing, grabbing my two favorite things which are a red ribbon and a pair of glasses. I then come out of my room and head downstairs. Expecting to meet anyone.

And the person I get to see was none other than my own mother. Sitting by the table while arranging some papers I know nothing of. All I can assume is that it's related to the school she manages.

"Good morning!" I greeted as I set foot on to the ground floor. Hands behind my back, standing straight with a smile on my face as I faced towards my mom. Whom in turn, responded with the look of surprise.

"G- Good morning..." She responded as she was examining me from top to bottom like as if to confirm if this was really me standing before her. But after seeing my smiling face, she shook her head and formed a gentle smile of her own. "Are you okay now?"

I tilted my head to the side from that question. "Why, of course!" I beamed a smile in response. "My apologies for making you worry like that..."

Mom shook her head. "No no, it's okay. A problem like that isn't something you blame yourself for."

"But my sch-"

"I will repeat, you were not at fault, Hasuka." She simply says, reassuring me with her words along with that soft smile. For a brief moment, mom frowned when her eyes landed upon the two things i held in my hands. I have no clue why she has that look for a split moment there...

Later on, i found myself sitting by the table after mom gestured me to eat my morning fill. That is breakfast, of course. The food alone is just what you'd call simple. Each bite with nothing to complain about. Meanwhile, my eyes gandered until it landed on to the calendar hung upon the wall.

April 11th. First week of the month while tomorrow being it's second. Also, tomorrow will be the start of another school year.

...

...hmmm...

Which reminds me...

"Mom." I called out to her just as before she could call out to me. I guess we both have something to say, but I'll just let her go first. And I did that with a simple gesture.

"Do you ever plan on going back to school?" Mom asked of me, the tone sounded somewhat worryingly.

"Oh, my question was actually related to that, you see..." I replied with a chuckle. Looking to her, I then nodded. "Why yes. I do plan on going back."