VI

Caitlin was still holding her breath. She waited for death to come to her, but nothing ever happened. Her eyes shot open at the feeling of teeth along her neck. She got the best view she could of Dylan nipping at her neck.

"D-Dylan...what are you- are you- have you gone?-" She couldn't sort the millions of thoughts running through her mind. Dylan's brown eyes shot up at the sound of her voice and the whites of his eyes seemed to glow, making his brown pupils stand out even more. He lifted his head from her neck slowly. His frame cast a shadow over her as he stood up beside her. Slowly, he stretched his veiny hand out to caress her cheek.

"Baby, you promised you'd keep your eyes shut.." He moved his fingers from her left cheek and allowed his fingertips to lightly dance on her chapped lips. He let them slide to her jawline, then onto her neck.

Caitlin's hazel eyes grew in suspicion of what he was planning to do next. She stared at the boy who she had once wanted to love. His dark hair was uneven and it gave off the appearance that he hadn't made any effort whatsoever to tame it. The veins on his neck looked like lightning strikes against his now pale skin. His eyes had red circles under them that reminded her of a forest fire. He looked half dead, and he acted like it too. His eyes seemed to droop and his movements were sometimes sloppy, but the smirk on his face never died out.

With his large right hand still placed across her throat, she babbled out, "y-you're a monster. A devil. I thought I knew you.."

Dylan threw his head back in laughter, and started to give Caitlin a round of applause.

"Oh, Caitlin. See, that's the problem with you women," he made his way to the instrument table on the other side of Caitlin. He picked up a small kitchen knife and twirled it in the light for dramatic effect, "always assuming you know a guy if he takes you home."

He dashed back to the left side of Caitlin and held the knife up to her throat.

"Darling, sweetheart, honey, kitten, baby. Or should I say, babygirl? You remember last night, don't you? When I called you babygirl and it felt like I shot electricity into your veins."

He bent down so his lips were hovering dangerously close to her right ear. He was still clutching the knife in his right hand against her throat.

"Caitlin, darling; I know how I make you feel. I know how to play women. You call them what they want to be called: baby, honey, love, darling, sweetheart, the list goes on. Then, you let them take their time. Just how I didn't even attempt to make any advance on you. Then, the next morning, you looked in my music room,"

Her eyes widened and she gulped. Her face began to heat up and her hands got clammy.

"Oh yes baby, I saw you. I watched you. I knew you would become intrigued and would have to snoop around in business that isn't yours." He attacked her with words and his hand that held the knife began to shake violently.

Suddenly, he shot up back into a standing position. He pierced through her brain simply with his eyes.

"Do you know why I picked you?"

All she did was look at him, but not into his eyes. She could not bear looking into his eyes.

"DO YOU?!"

Before she realized it, he was leaning over her, both hands gripping the sides of the metal table she lay on with a death grip.

She gasped and barely whispered, "n-no.."

He plunged the knife into her left shoulder.

Immediately she cried out. Her tears started falling faster then they ever had before. All she could do was thrash against her restraints and watch as the end of the sliver handle wiggled with her every move. The blood had already soaked through her shirt. She still yelled and cried about, as if it would do anything.

Dylan spun around so his back was facing her and began pacing across the room.

"YOU HAVE ALL OF THEIR TRAITS!"

He shined the lightbulb on all of the 32 dead young women's bodies. Caitlin was now paying attention, despite her pain that would not be ignored.

"See... look at Becky... you have her blonde hair." He ripped the plastic bag off of her head. All that remained on her head was her beautiful blonde hair. She had no eyes, mouth, nose, ears; nothing.

"Such beautiful hair... so beautiful.. I loved Becky. She said she loved me. She lied, I h-had to kill her..." He was clawing at her stiff cheeks. Caitlin was doomed to silence with a constant flow of tears running down her cheeks.

"J-Jennifer... My sweet Jenny," he tore the plastic bag from Jennifer's head off, "Those eyes.. h-hazel.. l-like yours babygirl." All that remained of Jennifer's face was her eyes.

"Veronica... my freshest kill," he slithered his words out like a snake as he removed the plastic bag from her her head, "Her soft, plump lips. See the resemblance between you two?" He asked Caitlin as he puckered the dead girls lips in Caitlin's direction. Only Veronica's lips were left on her face.

"D-Dylan.. what have you done.." Her soft words went unnoticed by the demented boy.

"I've been waiting for you, Caitie. I've been hunting you ever since I started my collection."

He placed each bag back atop of Becky's, Jennifer's, and Veronica's mutilated heads. He staggered his way back towards the bloody and crying Caitlin.

"Maybe killing you will fill the void in my heart created by all these women who did me wrong."

Caitlin gasped at his words. Obviously, she knew things wouldn't turn out well for her, but now her greatest fear was confirmed. And to think she wanted to get to know this boy more...

"But baby, there is one problem.." he stroked her tear stained cheek, "you haven't done me wrong yet. I would feel guilty for killing you."

He punched her in the stomach. Caitlin's pain doubled, and she lost her breath. She lay gasping for air on the hard table.

"SAY YOU HATE ME CATIE."

He screamed at her with such anger and hate that had seemed to vanish a few seconds ago.

She couldn't breathe yet, let alone say anything.

After waiting for a response and becoming frustrated with the lack of an answer, he walked to the brown table and grabbed another instrument.

A rusty pair of hedge clippers.

Caitlin immediately took note of Dylan's new toy and started to scream.

"DYLAN PLEASE, NO!"

"THEN SAY YOU HATE ME! I'LL BE ABLE TO KILL YOU QUICK." He snipped the hedge clippers at her as he screamed back at her.

"Dylan, I-I don't hate you; I love you!" She didn't really love him, though. She figured he was already mentally unstable enough and if she could just convince him to spare her life, a simple white lie wouldn't hurt.

"And I know you love me too Dylan! Please, let me go."

His eyes widened for a second, but he quickly snapped out of it.

"NO. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO PLAY ME, THIS IS MY GAME!"

She could practically see the fire erupting from his mouth. His veins were pulsating and looked like they were growing and extending with every beat.

He raced to her right side and with no hesitation, cut off her left ear.