|chapter 4|a meeting and an owl|

*•:∆^°×°^∆:•*

*•:∆^°×°^∆:•*

THEY HEADED TO POTAGE'S CAULDRON SHOP AND BOUGHT THEMSELVES A CAULDRON. That didn't take long at all, finding the right cauldron was simple with Severus' knowledge about them.

"What's next?" - Lily asked. She trusted him with the directions and plans of where should they go next.

"Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions" - Snape answered after thinking for a little bit. He took the lead and soon they were in front of Madam Malkin's shop. They walked in and were instantly greeted by the friendly woman. Severus quite liked her as a child and as a grown-up. They brought the clothes required and excited the shop. Severus bought less than Lily, because his money stash was emptying itself far too quickly. He would spend them on the completely needed things.

"We'll go to Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment for glass or crystal phials, telescope, and brass scales." - Severus said and led the way to the shop again. Lily glanced at everything, but so did he. He did not buy anything from here before and simply used his mother's almost broken ones. It mostly was mugglish things, but they were all charmed. They brought the phials. Severus took the glass phials and Lily went with crystal ones. Then they brought their telescopes and scales. These things were also charmed to be weightless.

"That was it unless you want an owl, a cat, or a toad to bring with you to Hogwarts. I don't have money to buy one, nor would my father allow one of these. He would probably kill it and I would get a beating." - Snape simply told Lily. Severus wasn't afraid to tell Lily about the abuse that he got in his home. She already knew. But he always noticed her wince, just like this time. She thought it was horrible, but he was used to it already. He wasn't scared to tell Lily about his money lack either. He would get a little bit shy about it tho because Lily had more money. He wasn't jealous of her, but ashamed of himself and his family.