-(••÷[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴘ ]÷••)-

Artwork on the front isn't mine! Credits to the rightful owner!

The mystic fortune teller knew something was up when the dark haired emo boy walked into her traveling palace.

He strode through the shop, not caring where he was going and knocking over many items on his way to greet the ancient spirit.

He was unusually distracted.

Careless.

Messy.

Tara was having none of that. She preferred to keep her shop orderly and clean, not unorganized and a disaster.

"MMMMHM!" She angrily yelled at the boy. The loud and jarring sound was enough to shake him from his trance.

"What?" He asked, clearly taken aback by the angry outburst.

Tara shook her head. There was definitely something going on.

Now wasn't the time for a questioning though, was it? The emo had clearly come here for something. If he was in a mood, it wasn't up to Tara to figure out. Her only job was to meet requests from people that most ordinary folks could not. Like a sleep replacement or a never ending energy drink.

As for sorting out issues someone had? She wasn't a therapist. It wasn't part of her job.

So Tara decided to cut right to the chase. Even though she couldn't speak modern English and could only make weird "MHMHMHM," sounds, she could still telepathically communicate.

What is it you wish? She projected into the emo's mind.

Edgar jumped back. It was clear he had never felt anything like this.

Don't be afraid. I'm only here to help. She thought.

"Uh, what the hell?" The emo looked downright scared, but tried to hide it through a seemingly normal statement.

I don't have all day, child. So please, stop wasting my time. Her thoughts were getting louder and more annoyed. She was slowly losing her patience.

Edgar sighed, but yet was still silent.

Tara had had enough.

WHAT DO YOU WANT??! She projected the loud and annoyed thought into the emo's head.

He flinched.

He gulped.

It took another five minutes for his mouth to open.

And when he did, the words Tara heard were ones she had never been expecting.

"I need a love potion." Edgar finally said, still a nervous wreck. Probably more nervous after he admitted what he wanted.

Tara just looked at him. A love potion was a strange request, especially from a boy who complained that he hated everyone all of the time.

Strange request or not, a love potion was still very risky business. And from Edgar?! Out of anyone that would have requested a love potion from Tara, the emo was at the very bottom of the list.

However, a request is still a request. And Tara would do her best to make sure the emo got his love potion.

Whatever you wish, child. I'll be in the back preparing the ingredients. I just have one question though. Who is this for? The mystic spirit projected the simple but embarrassing thought into his mind.

The boy blushed.

Weird, Tara had never seen him do anything but frown.

Someone special had to have him blushing like that.

He also must be embarrassed, since he didn't respond to the question.

Edgar, I have to know. She said.

Tara was lying. There was no need to know. She was just curious.

"Why the hell should I tell you that?" He angrily grumbled.

I need to know.. potion making. It was a stupid excuse, but Edgar would be fooled.

"Fine, whatever. It's Colette. She's cool, I guess." Edgar tried to downplay how much he liked her. Tara was no expert on feelings but Edgar was terrible at hiding how much he liked her.

Colette.. sweet, kind, innocent, fangirling, crazy Colette. Tara had briefly met the strange girl. She could be annoying, but in a strange way sweet.

A love potion could alter a person. Especially a person like Colette. Someone who loved everyone and had so much energy. A love potion could completely change that. It was risky. Tara didn't want to do that to Colette. Someone else, sure. But there was something special about the crazy collector. She didn't want to risk it.

"Happy now?" The emo boy asked.

Tara ignored him.

Why her? Tara asked.

"I told you already. She's cool. Can you just make the potion?" He answered.

Edgar, are you sure you want to do this? Love potions are dangerous. They could end up altering a person forever. Tara asked him.

"Look, I want her to like me back. I don't need any cryptic messages."

The fortune teller sighed. It seemed as though the boy had no care for what would come of Colette.

Yet he seemed desperate.

But he didn't care.

After a quick inner battle of emotions, Tara decided.

It was risky, but the spirit knew what to do.

Ten minutes later, she walked out from the back potion in hand.

"Thanks." Edgar said, grabbing the potion. He took out a pouch of coins and handed them to Tara.

Normally the payment wouldn't have been enough. But this time it was okay.