-(••÷[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ]÷••)-

Edgar arrived out of breath at Colette's apartment, panting and sweating but trying not to show it. 

The emo had thought it would be a great idea to run the rest of the way after the realization that he was going to actually deal with emotions. 

It had seemed like a great idea at the time, despite the fact he had never done any sort of physical activity in his life. 

But he needed to see Colette. 

He was nervous, admittedly. He wouldn't let that stop him though.

He took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair before knocking on the door. 

Maybe I shouldn't do this... Edgar thought. 

Do it... 

But what if?

So what?

But...

You fricken idiot, this is your fault for buying the potion. Fix it. His scarf pounded him on the head. 

Okay, geez. He thought. 

And so he knocked. 

He was scared. 

And his worst fears were confirmed when she opened the door. 

"What?" Colette snapped. Edgar noticed that she wasn't wearing her usual attire, either something colorful or the gift shop uniform. (She loved that thing.) Instead, she was wearing a dark grey turtleneck, black leggings, and grey fuzzy socks. Her hair wasn't up, it was down, brushed, combed, and perfect instead of its usual messy-ness that covered half her face and jutted up at weird angles. She wasn't wearing any makeup, which was weird because usually she had so much Griff would look scared. 

Edgar felt his heart sink in his stomach. 

"Uh- you drank the potion, didn't you?" He asked. 

"What if I did?" She barked, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Woah, chill. I was just asking." Edgar replied, throwing his hands up in the air. 

She ignored him.

"Why are you here?" She questioned.

"I wanted to see if you had drunk the potion..." 

"So you stalked me?"

"I'm not stalking you," Edgar answered in his calmest voice. 

"Well, why are you still here."

"I... can I come in?" Edgar asked.

"Kay." She sighed and sarcastically motioned for him to walk in. 

He followed and gasped. 

He had only been in her apartment once... that was when they almost kissed. 

Well, that's what he thought was going to happen.

Anyway, when he had been in there the last time the place looked like a crazy person lived there. 

There had been Brawler merch EVERYWHERE on EVERY. SINGLE. FRICKEN. SURFACE. The walls were green and covered in stupid Spike crap. The furniture was Brawler-themed. The kitchen was all about Brawlers. The BATHROOM! THE FRICKEN BATHROOM WAS DECKED OUT, EVEN WITH SPIKE SHAMPOO™®!

And her bedroom? A book out of her scrapbook, literally. It was LITTERED with Brawler items. Even more than the rest of the small apartment combined. Her room was a mess, but it was awesome. Even though he had only been there was, he had felt at home.

Now? The apartment was basically bare. The apartment had been cleaned up, and all the Brawler items were gone. 

He felt like someone had taken a piece of his soul, ripped it out in front of him, laughed, tore it up, and shoved it back in. 

"Colette, what the hell did you do?" 

"I cleaned up. It was messy and stupid. Who needs Brawlers anyway? It's all just a dumb game." She replied, sitting on the VERY ORGANIZED couch. 

"Really? Because yesterday you were begging me to simp over Spike Plushies."

"So? That was yesterday. I'm different now." She smirked.

"Really? What about everyone? What about me?" He felt scared. He looked nervous. He just wanted the old Colette back. 

"Eh, doesn't matter. I should be focusing on things that are ACTUALLY important, like a sustainable job." 

"Wait... what do you mean by sustainable? Are you quitting working at the Gift Shop?" Edgar asked, the fear in his voice visible. 

"Yeah, duh. It's stupid and I hate it there." She answered, hardly paying attention. 

"COLETTE!" Edgar yelled.

She was hardly fazed and just looked at him.

"What?" She asked.

"Why, why are you doing this to me?" He asked, his voice breaking.

"Aww, is little Edgar going to cry?" She asked, faking sincerity and pouting.

"I'M NOT GOING TO CRY OVER SOME DUMB GIRL!" Edgar screamed at her.

"Oh, is that what you think of me? That I'm just some dumb girl?" Colette barred her sharp teeth. 

"YES! THAT'S ALL YOU ARE, AND THAT'S ALL YOU WILL EVER BE! SOME DUMB, MEANINGLESS STUPID GIRL WHO IS SO BLIND TO MY FEELINGS TOWARDS HER AND ONLY CARES ABOUT A STUPID CACTUS! I DON'T EVEN MATTER TO YOU! THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT THE LOVE POTION, HOPING THAT FINALLY, YOU WOULD LOVE ME! HOPING THAT FINALLY, YOU WOULD FEEL HOW I FEEL!" Edgar yelled his emotions at the emo version of Colette. 

She blinked.

Edgar knew she didn't care.

With tears in his eyes, he strode out the door.

"Edgar, wait!" Colette shouted.

But he didn't care. He was done. He had come out of his shell, and what had that gotten him? Rejection. 

He was going back to being the emotionless emo.