-(••÷[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢꜱ]÷••)-

"There. Enjoy. Total is 24.73." Edgar bagged up the Sugar & Spice®™ shirt and handed the shirt, now in a bag to the mom of the little girl standing in front of the cash register. 

"Awww, so cute! Thank you. Oh, here is the money. Silly me, almost forget!" The mother of the little girl said.

She handed him a wrinkled $20 bill, as well as four $1 ones. 

"Ha, gah! I'm so bad with change. Alright... 62, 63, 64, 65... Hmm..." Edgar watched the woman struggle. 

He was annoyed. 

Why couldn't she hurry the hell up? 

"69, 70, 71, 72... come on, just one more penny!" She shook her wallet.

Edgar sighed.

"So sorry, OOPS!" And then the clumsy idiot DROPPED the money.

Edgar smacked his head.

He was about 2 seconds away from screaming at her.

Remain calm... he thought.

And then he did the most unexpected thing. First, he discreetly grabbed a penny from the tip jar, then he walked around to the exit of the check-out station, out through the swinging door, and near the woman who dropped her change. 

'"Need help?" He offered. 

"Oh, you are such a sweetheart." She said. 

The emo took that as a "yes" and crouched down. 

"71, 72, 73... still one short!"

"Here." Edgar handed her the penny he had swiped from the tip jar.

"Oh my, thank you!" She stood up and tried to give him a hug, but he refused. 

"Sorry, I don't do hugs." He responded.

"No worries! Anyway, here is the money. Have a great day!" She handed him the money and took her daughter by the hand. 

"Bye! Thank you for helping my mom, she probably wouldn't have found another penny." The brown-haired girl who wanted the Piper shirt said. 

"Yeah, welcome." He answered. 

The mother and daughter pair walked out of the gift shop.

"UGH! WHY IS DOES MY LIFE SUCK?!" He screamed. Colette hadn't shown up or texted him. He had had to work the entire gift shop by himself.

On top of that, he hadn't seen miny Colette. 

Where was the little kid? 

Probably not hanging out here, at the lame gift shop. He realized.  

Whatever. His lunch break was soon. 

He was going to go see Tara. 

See if he could reverse this.

Or if there was anything he could do.

Because he was at a loss for what to do next. 

—(••÷[ʟᴜɴᴄʜ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ]÷••)—

This time, he planned out what he was going to say. He didn't have time to stutter or forget his words.

In and out. This had to be quick. 

He needed to fix this broken Colette. 

He needed to figure out who the hell miny Colette was, and how she related to actual Colette.