-(••÷[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ]÷••)-

Oh god, what am I gonna do? Edgar frantically thought.

He grabbed his backpack and rummaged through its contents. 

He reached for his phone, an MCR case surrounding his device.

The picture of Helena stared at him as he tapped his home screen. 

He typed in his password, 2653883, and frantically pressed the "call" icon. 

Come on, come on... he thought as he typed Colette's number in.

Pick up... The phone rang four times before an automated message answered. 

HI! Sorry I didn't respond, I'm probably working, fangirling, or trying to get my friend Edgar to loosen up a bit! Please leave a message after the beep! BEEP! Edgar listens to the prerecorded voice, smiling despite himself. The way she said the beep sound and then laughed. She was so happy. Edgar felt sad all of a sudden. 

Please Colette... if you have any common sense you won't drink that... The emo pleaded.

Yet he knew that it was Colette. She stalked people, for crying out loud. Kept a scrapbook of all their damn crap. Edgar was just another person to be a part of her collection. 

It was when a tear rolled down his face that everything clicked. He was about to hurt the only person who had ever cared about him. 

He wished he would go back in time. When everything was normal, and Colette was Colette, teasing him about god knows what. 

But now... he wasn't sure what was going to happen. 

In all honesty, he was scared. He didn't want her to change. 

Why me.. the emo wondered. 

Why couldn't she just like me?

Why do I have to be such a terrible person?

But then he remembered Colette. Anytime he would say something negative about himself, Colette would just look at him and pout.

You aren't a terrible person Edgar.. you just made a mistake. He pictured what Colette would say. 

It helped a bit. 

"Hey, Edgar! You doing okay in there?" Griff's voice boomed through the door.

"Ye-yeah." Edgar quickly wiped his tears before walking out the door. 

"Alright, see you tomorrow!" Griff said, not even noticing anything wrong with Edgar. 

"K." He responded in his usual emotionless tone. 

Griff walked back inside, leaving Edgar alone in his thoughts. 

Don't ruminate... he told himself, as he started the long tread down to the Starr Park bus stop. 

Think of pleasant things... he pictured Colette. She was pleasant. 

Yeah, just keep thinking of her. He pictured her smile, the way she laughed, her obsession with the Brawlers. Her positivity, her joy. 

Her...

"Hey daydreamer, you have a ticket or not?" The bus driver rudely asked. 

Edgar blinked. He hadn't even noticed that he boarded the bus.

"I work at Starr Park." 

"You still need a ticket!" 

"K." The emo reached into his backpack and pulled out one of the many bus tickets he had accumulated from working here. He swiftly handed the worker the ticket.