Chapter 15 - Wet Clothes

A/N Not to spoil anything but... CW // Sexual themes ahead

Enjoy :) 

xx Ana

~

That Monday, George startled awake to the buzz of his wand beneath his pillow. With a groan, he yanked it out and muttered the countercharm for the alarm. It promptly stopped before it woke the others.

On Friday, at the end of their study session, he and Jolie had decided that they had enough research on ingredients to draw up a first draft of their antidote, thus coming up with a plan to meet Monday morning.

After his attempt at making Savannah jealous for her, neither Jolie nor George spoke much to each other. Touching her had felt—electric. Her skin was soft. And he'd nearly melted when he watched her chest stutter at the brush of his hand over hers. He'd be lying to himself if he called her anything less than exquisite.

George rolled out of bed, already missing its warmth, and made his way into the shared bathroom. He showered and quickly brushed his teeth, his hair still dripping slightly. He knew he could dry it, but he hated the Drying Charm—it was too hot. It always made him sweat.

A towel around his waist, he sauntered back into the dorm and began to rifle through his trunk for a laundered uniform.

Buttoning his trousers, he grabbed his robe from the end post of his bed and pulled it on. Reaching into his trunk once more, he pulled out one yellow sock with bumblebees printed on it, then a red one with little golden snitches. His fifth and seventh favorite. He pulled them on before sliding his feet into his boots, tying the laces with a flick of his wand.

Once dressed, he quietly headed out of the door as his fellow fifth year dormmates continued to snore.

He shuffled down the stairs groggily, rubbing his eyes every so often. This was the earliest he'd been awake since Wood's last weekend practice. He checked his watch. Fuck, it wasn't even six yet.

He was just about to groan aloud to himself when he saw her.

He closed his mouth and stood up straighter as he continued down the steps.

She hadn't seen him yet. She was absentmindedly fiddling with the end of her wand.

Her hair was up in a ponytail, blonde waves spilling messily out of a loose, black scrunchy.

As he descended the last few steps, Jolie finally looked up at him, ceasing her picking at her wand.

He smiled a little to himself as he noted that he wasn't the only one that seemed to hate waking up early. Her eyes were heavily lidded with fatigue, subtle half moons of light purple beneath them. Her shoulders slumped as she let out a sigh.

"You look chipper this morning," he commented with a roguish grin.

She scowled at him. "Don't."

He laughed as they fell into step, heading down to the Potions classroom together. He wanted to ask her who she'd used as an alarm clock this early in the morning, but she seemed too put out to be teased this morning. She hadn't sounded annoyed by him, just genuinely tired—her voice quiet and unusually meek. So when she didn't speak again, neither did he.

Arriving at their destination, she simply handed him their list of ingredients. He took it from her and went about gathering them. He didn't feel like pushing her this morning.