Chapter 16 - Gloves

A/N We're back to Jolie's POV this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy!

Thanks for reading

xx Ana

~

Barely asleep as it was, Jolie's eyes quickly fluttered open when she felt the end of her bed dip beneath an unknown source.

A subtle glow from the tip of Daphne's wand made her squint slightly.

"Sorry," Daphne whispered as she settled to get more comfortable on the bed.

"Daph..." Jolie mumbled sleepily, rubbing her eyes with the backs of her hands. "What time is it?"

"Just past one last I checked," Daphne whispered back as she waved her wand, shutting the bed hangings.

"Care to tell me why you're waking me up, then?" Jolie sighed, giving Tea Kettle's sleeping head a little pat. "We have class in the morning—"

"I'm ambushing you," Daphne quickly said before casting a silencing charm.

Jolie raised a brow at her friend.

"Ambushing me?" she echoed.

Jolie watched Daphne nod, grinning surreptitiously. With just a few days ago being the full moon, a tinge of green light cut through the Black Lake from the windows of the dorm, casting an ominous glow on her friend's features.

"While I thank you for not blabbing about Blaise and me when you could have," Daphne started, "it's about time we talked about what I saw last Wednesday—"

"Daphne," Jolie groaned. "I already told you. Nothing happened—"

"But that's all you told me!" Daphne argued. "You seriously didn't think I was just going to drop it altogether."

Jolie smacked both hands over her eyes.

"I mean," Daphne continued. "Merlin—you two were sleeping together—"

"Will you quit putting it like that?"

"Well, you were!"

"Daphne Rose..." Jolie warned.

"Okay! Okay—Let's pull back for a second." Daphne held up both hands. "You didn't have to study in the dorm—"

"You weren't there!" Jolie argued. "I tried to get him to go to the library. He wouldn't move!"

Daphne raised a disbelieving brow. Jolie groaned again.

"I swear—"

"I believe you!" Daphne cut her off. "But you're telling me you couldn't have, I don't know... threatened him? Hexed him, maybe?"

Jolie cracked a smile.

"I mean, really," she continued. "If you hadn't actually wanted to stay in the dorm, we both know you wouldn't have."

Jolie's shoulders slumped. Her friend had a point.

The truth was, she really had wanted to stay in the dorm instead of their usual study spot. George and she had just been in the library so often. The change in scenery had sounded—nice.

When Jolie still said nothing, Daphne continued. "And... as I've said: You two really did look sweet—"

"Ah," Jolie raised her hand. "I'm going to stop you right there."

"Why?" Daphne whinged. "I'm trying to tell you—"

"Daphne Greengrass, I love you. But I don't want to hear whatever you're trying to tell me."