Chapter Fourteen: This was probably not a good time to confess, was it?

Y/N POV
Y/N sat in the chair next to Keigo's hospital bed. She had been given permission to leave her hospital room to go to Keigo's and stay by his side for a little. After they checked out and tended to the best they could, her burns and cuts.
She sat there, anxiously waiting for Keigo to wake up. Her head whipped over and eyes widened slightly as she saw Keigo move his head towards her and sit up slightly in his bed.
"What the he-" Keigo's words stopped as he looked over at Y/N. "Thank god your alright, I though you got hurt even worse back there when you tried to fight off Toga."
"I'm just glad your alright!" Y/N exclaimed."Well kind of. Your awake and alive so."
"You okay kid?" Hawks gave her a smirk, but it seemed more caring than cocky.
"Am I okay?!" Y/N narrowed her eyes. "I'm not the one who just got stabbed and is laying in a hospital bed covered in bandages."
"I'll take that as a yeah." Hawks chuckled under his breath.
   "Question is are you okay?" Y/N asked.
   "I guess-" Keigo winced as he sat up.
   "Hey, hey, just lay down. It'll be fine." Y/N directed
   Keigo lied back down, surprised at how much she cared. Y/N gave him a small smile.
   "Ya'know, I'm happy we met." Keigo told Y/N, looking over at her.
   "Yeah, so am I."
COME ON Y/N JUST TELL HIM!
   "Hey can I tell you something real quick?" Y/N requested.
   "Yeah, sure tell me." Keigo replied.
OK WERE TELLING HIM NO GOING BACK DAMMIT DAMMIT IF I MESS UP I WILL CRAWL INTO A HOLE AND DIE
   "I-I...I LIKE YOU." Y/N blurted, a little too loudly for her liking. "LIKE DATING LIKE, If you don't feel that way it's fine I-"
   Hawks chuckled."Hey, calm down I kinda like you too."
   Y/N felt her cheeks burn, as well as Hawks who had a pink blush painted across his cheeks.
   "W-wait really?!" Y/N exclaimed. "This probably was not a good time to confess, was it?"
   "Eh, it wasn't the best. But at least you did." Hawks smiled.
   "This is awkward..." Y/N rubbed the back of her neck. "So uh wanna ya'know date?"
   "Sure." Keigo smiled at her.
   "O-oh okay then."
   "I can tell your not experienced at the whole dating thing." Keigo stated.
   "Oooh how could you tell." Y/N said sarcastically. "Yeah I know it's pretty obvious, I dated one person in high school and that was it."
   "I would expect that from you. Please don't take that as rude. But you don't seem like the type of person to just date everyone at any given chance."
   "Yep, you got that right. Kyoka calls them my 'once in a decade crush'."
   "Well I mean."
   Y/N playfully glared at Hawks a smile still on her face. "Oh shut it."
   "I'm just sayin'"

A month after they all left the hospital
   Y/N walked down the sidewalk, gripping Keigo's hand as he gripped hers. She opened the door to be greeted by her mother.
   "Oh, your home." Y/N's mother stated. "Is this the special man we've been hearing about."
   Y/N shot a not so serious glare at her mother, indicating she was embarrassing her."Yes, this is him. Keigo, meet my mom, and mom meet Keigo."
   "Oooh." Kyoka said peeking in from the background."So there he is."
   "Kyoka!" Y/N hissed under her breath.
   "Well come, sit down." Y/N's mother directed them to the couch.
   The two of them sat down Kyoka sitting on the loveseat beside the couch.
   "So" Kyoka started. "Why did you choose my sister again?"
   "Kyoka!" Y/N whisper-yelled at her younger sister.
   "Not that she's a bad pick, just curious."
   "Well, I don't really know I just liked her." Keigo said.
   "Well at least she finally has a partner." Kyoka sighed.
   "Oh like you've ever had one!"
   "Well actually."
   "Cringey sixth grade couples don't count sorry."
   "Well, what I was going to say is that I kinda have one."
   "WAIT (PERSON YOU SHIP JIROU WITH)?!"
   "Mhm."
   "Who made the first move?!"
   "They did." Jirou blushed lightly.
   "As expected."
   "Oh come on!"
   Y/N laughed along with Kyoka. She then noticed Keigo was also chuckling under his breath at their little moment of bickering jokingly.
   "How long ago did they ask?" Y/N questioned.
   "About a week ago." Kyoka laughed nervously."My entire class knows, Mina obsesses and ships us 24/7."
   "As expected from her, she's one of your classmates that I feel like I would be friends with."
   "You would probably manage to be friends with my entire class." Kyoka pointed out."Except Iida you and Iida would not get along."
   "He's your class rep right?" Hawks asked.
   "Yeah, and he is strict but nice."
   "Yeah, Tsukoyomi told me about him."
   "You three come on I finished dinner and your father just got home!" Y/N mother yelled trying to catch their attention.
Oh boy, Keigo meeting my dad this should be "fun"