The war is finally done

Monday 1918:

It was an early Monday morning and maddie was still in bed fast asleep that was until her uncle Finn who was basically her cousin burst through her bedroom door "maddie wake up you never guess what news polly has to tell ya" he beamed maddie just yawned in response waving her hand in the air gesturing him to get out of her room "maddie wake up" she heard polly shout from downstairs so with a groan she got up not wanting to deal with the wrath of polly,maddie wasn't happy anymore she rarely ever smiled or laughed she was just sad all of the time her uncles and dad went of to war,for the past four years she has been waiting for her dad to come home again and hold her at night she was only 10 when Tommy left for war she was now 14 every birthday or Christmas all she ever wished for was for her father to come back home to her like he had promised but to her disappointment he never did Maddie's mom had died just before the war Tommy says that she was his first real love Greta died from consumption.
Walking down the stairs and into the kitchen she saw a very happy polly making pancakes polly only ever made pancakes when it was her birthday or a very special event "poll why you making pancakes and why on earth did you have to wake me up this early"she asked her aunt as she looked at the clock on the wall seeing that it was 7.00am "because maddie your uncles and father are coming home the war has ended should be here by Wednesday"she said her eyes filling up with happy tears maddie was the exact same she ran to her aunt and pulled her in for a hug "oh my god I can't believe it" she beamed to her aunt who scolded her "oi no blasphemy in this household" maddie just rolled her eyes and went back to eating her pancakes.
————————————————————————
Wednesday 1918:
Maddie was up early this morning she was so happy and excited her dad was finally coming home she was also happy that her uncles were coming home to since she was so close with them more so John than Arthur they would always have banter and laugh with each other whenever maddie was feeling down she could always count on Johnny boy to make her smile Arthur and her dad on the other hand were way more protective over her they wouldn't even let a boy in a 3 meter distance of her always telling her "no boys until your 40 and even then i might not let you" don't get me wrong John was always protective of her aswell but knew she was to young to even be thinking about a boyfriend.
Getting out of bed and quickly getting dressed in a lovely baby blue dress that came thigh length and some white shoes she ran down stairs and out the door where her aunt poll johns kids and Finn was waiting for her "sorry I took so long" she said out of breath polly looked at her and laughed "can't wait to see the boys reaction to how grown up you've become"she paused "and your new sense of fashion" she added before pulling maddie along with her.
"I'm nervous poll"maddie stated as there were on the platform that was filled with hundreds of people polly looked at her niece "maddie you've got to understand something,your dad and uncles are not going to come back the same their going to be more cold but I know for a fact that your dad will be more than over the moon to see you"she said pulling maddie in for a hug that maddie gladly accepted just then a train pulled into the platform.
There was a massive crowd it was hard to see but she frantically turned around and that was when she saw her father standing there with a smile on his face she ran towards him whilst he was walking towards her with open arms that she immediately fell into "dad I've missed you so much I can't even put it into words"she breathed Tommy looked down at his daughter "there wasn't a day that went by I didn't wish I was here with you"he whispered into her ear then pulled away from the hug looking at his daughter his smile immediately dropped when he saw what his daughter was wearing "maddie what the fuck are you-" but he was cut of by her being swept up by Arthur "oh how I've missed you doll face look how much you've grown up" Arthur exclaimed putting her down "Arthur I've missed you loads" she said smiling "well I'm ere now ent I" he smiled softly back and then his smile immediately dropped aswell seeing what his niece was wearing "now I'm not gonna say anything because this is not the time nor place but I feel like when we get back to the Ouse me,John an your dad need to speak with you about your new ermmm" he paused "fashion sense" he finished maddie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but before she could speak she was taken into yet another breathtaking hug and Immediately knew who it was "bloody ell mad you've grown up how I've missed ya" he said with a massive smile stretched across his face "John omg you don't know how much I've needed you since you was gone" she laughed pain obviously written all over her face but quickly covered it up John was about to say something back until he saw how short her dress was and looked to his brothers who just nodded their heads "let's go back home shall we" Tommy said wrapping his arm around his daughter not ever wanting to let her go ever again.