Chapter 7: 3 Weeks Later

Jenn's POV

*3 weeks later*

I looked into the mirror as I adjusted my crop top, struggling to pull it down so that it would at least cover my belly button. I can't believe I let Lauren convince me to wear this-- I practically looked like some sad attempt at a little league player as I awkwardly stood in my red and white cropped baseball tee and distressed high waisted shorts. I hadn't originally planned on going to this party, but Lauren again, had somehow persuaded me to go, especially since Harrison was out of the country visiting his parents. I smiled at the thought of Harrison. Our first date went great-- amazing even, and over the past few weeks, we had gotten really close, spending almost every waking moment together. We were gradually becoming that annoying couple that wouldn't do anything without eachother, and though I had always dispised couples like that, I was okay with it when it was with Harrison. Somehow, in some way, I had slowly fallen in love with Harrison--or at least I thought I was. I mean, he was the first person that could actually take my mind off of Jack.

"Geezz stop staring at yourself in the mirror, you look fine!" Lauren yelled as she leaned against my bedroom door.

I snapped out of my thoughts, suddenly regaining cautiousness, "Yeah but I don't know, I mean, I've never really worn anything like this. Don't you think that people will think it's a little too... showy?" I nervously laughed.

"Do you mean if Jack will think it's a little too showy?" Lauren said as she raised her eyebrow.

I felt my face instantly turn red, "Oh my God that was like 5 years ago!" I laughed as I shut the door and finished getting ready.