Chapter 4: I Could Learn to Love Him

Jenn's POV

The moment I came home, all my roommates pounced on me, questioning where I had been for the past 3 hours.

"Harrison's..." I smiled, beaming at the thought of him.

"Ooooo, looks like someone has a crush!" Arden giggled, as she raised one eyebrow.

"#Jenson is real, AM I RIGHT LADIES!!!" Lauren laughed. However, though the three of us were laughing like 13-year-old girls, Andrea seemed to be unusually quiet, never once looking up, but just picking at her fingernails.

"Andrea, are you okay?" I questioned, worried.

"Haha yeah...I was just..I dunno, why were you at Harrison's again?" Andrea inquired, finally looking up at me.

"Oh, uhh.. well I don't know, I guess I was just lonely and wanted to hang out with someone." I finally said, satisfied with my answer.

We all then laughed it off, and went to bed, considering that it was already 2 in the morning. Staring up at the ceiling, I smiled like a fool as I thought back to kissing Harrison. My thoughts were abruptly interrupted though, as I suddenly heard my door creak open, and a shadow appear at the foot of it.

"Jenn?" the shadow asked, my memory recognizing it as Andrea's.

"Yeah?" I replied, sitting up and turning on the lamp that sat on my bedside table.

"What happened?" Andrea asked, taking a seat next to me.

"What do you mean?"

"Come on Jenn, I know you. Why did you really go to Harrison's? I mean, come on! You haven't talked to him in months!" She said. I stayed silent, fumbling with my fingers as I tried to come up with some sort of answer that would make sense.

"Wait, Jenn... was it Jack?" She asked, tilting her head downwards to look me in the eye.

"Oh my god, what the hell Andrea" I said, trying to force a laugh.

"Jenn, seriously, I know you've had a crush on Jack since like--forever. Why are you suddenly all googly eyes over Harrison?" Andrea interrogated me. I finally lifted my head up and looked up at Andrea.

"Fine, you caught me. I saw Jack kissing Claudia in one of his videos, and I guess that just snapped me back to reality. I mean, let's be honest, in what world would 'jackxpenn' actually work out? He's... him, and I'm me. He would never see me the way I see him, so why try?" I said, tearing up.

"Jenn.. but--"

"No, Andrea, I don't want anymore 'what ifs'. Guess what? If Jack liked me back, don't you think that he would've made a move by now? I don't have time to wait for something that might never happen. Harrison asked me out on a date, and maybe if all goes well we could have a future." I said, trying to look on the bright side of things.

Maybe if all goes well, I could learn to love him.