stay by my side • jeongyeon

Your pov
Jeongyeon is my bestfriend since 1st year high school. I like her but..

"Jeongie, u-uhm are you free later after lunch? I uh, want to tell you something." I said while scratching my nape.

"Oh yeah sure Y/N, I actually need to tell you something important too." Jeongyeon said.

"Ahh, where do you want to meet me later?"

"Maybe at my locker?"

"Sure, Jeongie. See you later."

Our Math class just ended. I'm planning to confess my feelings for Jeongyeon this valentines day. I need a lot of courage for me to confess, I hope she won't reject me.

"Ehem, you seem anxious. Are you planning to confess to someone?" Dahyun, my seatmate nudged me on the shoulder.

"U-Uh yeah haha. I still don't know if I can though, I'm scared that she'll reject me."

"Oh, well better confess than never Y/N. Good luck to you." Dahyun winked at me and left the classroom. I waved at her.

Jeongyeon is seating in front talking with Jihyo and friends, I think they're teasing her? Nevermind, I was about to go to her table when someone called her outside.

"Yoo Jeongyeon! Someone wants to talk to you! Come here quick!" Taehyung yelled from outside.

My feet were stopped in their tracks and I just watched her leave in a hurry. I furrowed and was curious why is she so jolly and excited these days. But I just shrugged it off and waited at her locker as she said.

"Y/N! Sorry for keeping you wait. I just talked to someone a while ago."

"Yeah sure no problem." I chuckled.

We sat on the bench and this was the first time we had an awkward session alone.

"Let's say it together~" She faced me and went closer to me. I decided to let her talk first because I still can't do it.

"U-Uh you first. Go ahead Jeong, I'm listening."

"Y/N..."

"Jimin and I are together now!" she held my hand excitedly and shakes it like a kid.

[a/n: I don't ship them guys i'm sorry, please don't take it seriously this is just a fictional story]

I felt my heart clenching, good thing I opposed to say it together or else I'll cry myself from embarrassment. I tried to smile and act like I was happy even if it's tearing me apart.

"Woah, R-Really? I'm so happy for you. I hope you'll be happy with him."

"Thanks Y/N-shi, what about you? What are you going to say?"

"U-Uhm... Uh I forgot haha. Don't mind it, it's really nothing important."

"Hahahaha. So silly, okay then I'll just meet him in the canteen since he wants to eat lunch with me. See you Y/N!"

"Sure Jeong, enjoy.." I faked my smile and excitement.

____________

I went to Dahyun and my friends at our usual place. I didn't notice myself looking dumped.

"Yo Y/N! How's it goin- Are you okay?" Chaeyoung stood up and dragged me to our seat.

"Did your crush rejected you?" Dahyun placed her arms around me and they hugged me.

"Yeah, it's fine. Don't mind me."

"Would you mind telling us who? I know you don't like sharing it but it's fine if you don't want to."

"It's Jeongyeon, my bestfriend."

"Oh yeah, I knew it. It's pretty obvious that you're now acting shy around her unlike before." Dahyun said while patting my back.

"She's kinda stupid and insensitive to not notice you though." I hit Chaeyoung's head after saying that.

"Pabo! she's not-"

"Oh, there she is with her boyfriend." Chaeyoung pointed them with her mouth. Jimin was standing at the entrance of the canteen holding flowers and chocolates. Jeongyeon was very happy and they hugged. When DubChaeng hugged me after seeing the couple.

"Stop it you two, let's just go somewhere."

_________
(Timeskip)

Jeongyeon pov
It's our 6th monthsary today. I suddenly missed Y/N, we didn't hang out much since I met Jimin. Y/N was supportive for us but she warned me that Jimin is not good for me and I didn't listen. Anyways, my boyfriend said to meet me after school. So, I hurriedly prepared after class. I was passing by the hallway when I saw a girl kissing a guy in front of the restroom. I stopped walking because I think the the guy's familiar.

It's him.

Your pov
I was bored so I asked Dahyun and Chaeyoung to go out with me after school. We're playing racing at the arcade when my phone vibrated while racing with my friends. I look fastly at the notification since I think it's not that important. But the sender's name caught my attention. Jeongyeon's sending me constant messages.

"W-Why is she sending many text messages? DubChaeng, excuse for a moment I'll just call someone."

"Yeah sure, I'll beat this tiger first." Dahyun said without looking at me, focused competing with Chaeyoung.

"Ha, you wish." Chaeyoung fired back.

I went outside the arcade immediately and opened her messages.

'Y/N'
'Are you free right now?'
'Please come over.'
'I need to talk to you'
'Y/N.'
'I'm at home, please.'

What's happening? She made me worried sick so I ran to my car and headed to her. Of course I told Dahyun and Chaeyoung it's emergency so they agreed.

I arrived at her house and when I was about to knock, she opened the door and hugged me while crying. I hugged her back.

"Jeong, what's wrong? Let's go inside." We went inside and sat on the living room.

"He cheated on me, Y/N. I should have listen to you." She cried continuously and I pulled her to cry on my shoulder.

"Just let it out, he doesn't deserve you Jeong." I caress her head that's leaning on my shoulder.

I didn't ask many questions and I let her cry it all out first to ease her mind. I noticed she was quiet and saw her sleeping on my shoulder. I carried her to the couch. She held my wrist when I stood up from the couch to get her a blanket.

"Y/N, please stay by my side."

"I will, forever."

____________
THE END

You may imagine the next storylines!