fate (part 2) • chaeyoung

I was watching this new series on Netflix with Chimp on my room. It's a boring day but i'm so thankful Chimp's existence makes my day bright. My eyes were droopy because it's already 2am in the morning when someone called me on the phone.

'Chaeyoung's calling...'

Accept               Decline

I immediately sat up and answered the call, why is she calling at this time?

"Y-Y/N.." I heard Chaeyoung catching her breath while sobbing.

"Hey, Chaeyoung- wait are you crying? What's wrong?"

"H-He got into a car accident. I'm at the hospital right n-now."

"W-What? Wait for me there, everything's going to be fine okay i'll be there." I rushed downstairs without dressing up because I was panicking.

"I'll be right back, Chimp."

________

I arrived at the hospital and immediately searched for them. I saw her crying and uneasy walking on circles in front the emergency room.

"Hey." I hugged her and she cried on my shoulders. We waited for hours and when the doctor came, me and Chaeyoung stood up.

"I'm sorry." The doctor said. Chaeyoung cried on my arms and I didn't leave her. Months have passed, she's getting better and it's sinking in that he's boyfriend is gone now. It really hurts seeing her like this, I do my best to cheer her up everyday and I'm glad it's working.

One year later...

Today, I went alone to her boyfriend's grave without telling Chaeyoung. I want to talk to him for a while and update him about Chaeyoung.

"Hey bro, it's been a year. She really misses you everyday. It hurts me seeing her like that so I took care of her everyday. I remember our conversation saying you want her to be happy no matter what happens. I know you'll understand me if I'll do this. I love her, I promise i'll take care of her. Thank you." I lit up the candle and left after asking permission to him.

"Y/N~ Where have you been?" I was welcomed by her warm hug.

"I asked permission if I can have you.. again?"

"Can I?" I raised my eyebrows nervously.

She said nothing but leaned in for a kiss. We hugged for the rest of the night and talked about the future.

"I love you, Chaeng."

"I love you Y/N."

THE END