❀ - "Ballad of the Bromance"

~

POV - Whitty

~

“We're BAAACK!-”
“-SSHH” I immidiately told Sarv, pointing to Ruv laying on my shoulder. “Oh!-.. Sorry.” she uttered back. Carol and Sarv set a few things on the table began putting some in the cabinet and some in the fridge. Others in the freezer. “Guess what we found at the dollar store??” Carol smirked.

“Please tell me it's not more Adam Sandler movies..” I protested. She shook her head. “Guess again.” The curly haired girl told me. “Is it more of that apple juice from that buisness that went bankrupt?” I wondered. “Nope!” she answered again.

“Just tell me..” I sighed. “Fiiiine. Lookit!” she pulled a few microphones out and a small boom box. “...please don't tell me it's-”

“-KAREOKE NIGH-” Carol began.
“Shut it, he's still-”

Ruv laid against my hoodie from the large sound. “Oh- Right. Sorry. Kareoke niiiight!” she whisper yelled. I huffed. “Do I have to?”

“Kareoke or the entire rent's yours.”
Carol smirked.
“Fine! Damn..”

~

Timeskip
POV - Ruv

~

I opened my eyes to see Sarv singing Worship. A quite familiarized tune to hear. I started nodding my head to it. “Hey, you awake?” I was asked. I suddenly I looked up to see Whitty now holding me instead of me just laying on his shoulder.

I blushed and quickly looked away, slightly nodding. “Oh, good, you've been kinda napping all day..” Whitty told me. I huffed. “Whatever.. It doesn't bother me... What is.. Why are they singing though?..” I asked the bomb.

He heaved. “..Kareoke night. And if I don't sing the next song, Carol's gonna make me pay full rent.” he answered. “Your turn, Whitty!” Sarv handed the microphone to the bomb and sat down in his spot, next to me.

Whitty stood up and positioned himself, nervously gripping his mic and waiting for the song to start. His eyes seem to dart open in suprise when the song started to play. I personally didn't recognize the song, but he and Carol seemed to sing it rather easily.
(If you want to know, it's Heartbass :))

I nodded along to the chorus as it played again, feeling someone staring at me. Finally I opened my eyes to see Sarvente, looking at me. “What.” I asked. “Oh cmon, you have to sing Zavodila! Your voice isn't that loud-”

“-No.” I concluded. “But Ruv!!” Sarv complained. “No.” I said again. “..do it and i'll buy you more vodka-”
“Done.” I answered.

“Wh- really? Just like that?” The nun looked confused. I nodded. “Yep.”
Before I knew it, Carol and Whitty had ended the song together. Whitty looked considerably less nervous and more confident.

“..I.. Gotta sit down.. Phew..” Carol laughed tiredly, sitting next to Sarv's other side.
“Why don't you go against Whitty then, Ruv?” Sarv told me. I huffed, pulling out a tape from my jacket pocket and putting in the small boombox. “Did you make a song or somethin?” Whitty still looked confident. I nodded and spun the mic. “Yep. And i'll win, too.”

“Oh really now?” Whitty smirked, assuming my attempt was a little childish. I blushed and looked to the side a bit. “Fine, we'll see who's laughing after I win.” I told him again.
“Mhm. We'll see indeed.”

~

POV - Whitty

~

Ruv was sure ready to beat my ass into a pulp. The guy was glaring daggers and let out a hmph of victory everytime he sang a part perfectly. Me on the other hand, though I caught up well on where the song was going, was failing at every turn.

But that didn't mean I was gonna let him win that easily.

I escalated the turns I got to be a bit more complex. Like I thought, Ruv messed up slightly more on his next turn. He saw me smirk and messed up again, a shade of red covering his face. “Blyat!!” He seemingly cursed under his breath.

I finished off the song with a long, lowered voice note. All Ruv managed to do after that was pull his hat over his head, shove his hands in his pockets angrily, and leave the room and go into the kitchen “...Okay but why were you guys so loud.” Carol uncovered her ears. Wait how loud were we-

Suddenly Ruv came out of the kitchen, only to go back down the hall and holding at least 3 bottles. “... Is he gonna be alright..?” I looked at Sarv. “..I think he just needs time to cool off.” The nun looked unsure.

“...Yeah.. I'll go check on him.”
I sat down the mic and walked off down the hall to the guest bedroom Carol gave Ruv.