How to make new Friends?👭

Hey girls!💜

Friends form a big part of our life for most of us. They are the ones who walk through life together, share our ups and downs, and pains and joys. Without friends, life wouldn't be the same at all. We wouldn't be who we are if not for them.

If you are looking forward to make new friends then I will give you some tips which will help you in making new friends

1-Make yourself available:-

If you want to make friends, you first need to put yourself out there somehow in order to meet people. If you just sit alone, friends might come to you, but that's not likely. For example, if you're still in school, sit somewhere with other people. It doesn't have to be a crowded table, but try to choose one with at least 2 other people.

- Remember, friends seldom come knocking on your door while you sit at home playing on your laptop.

- If you see opportunities to get out there and meet people, take them. For example, try going to social functions at school or work. If someone invites you to a party, go for it!

2-Start small with people you know:-

If you haven't been socializing much, meeting a whole bunch of new people may seem intimidating. If so, start small first. Lower the difficulty of the task by starting with your circle of friends, i.e. people you are familiar with.Like for example

- Get to know your friends' friends. You can join them in their outings or just ask your friend to introduce you to them. If you are comfortable with your friends, there's a good chance you will be comfortable with their friends too.

Accept invitations to go out. I have friends who rarely go out. When asked out, they reject majority of the invites because they rather stay at home. As a result, their social circles are limited. If you want to have more friends, you have to step out of your comfort zone and go out more often. You can't make more friends in real life if you stay at home!

Go to parties. Parties such as birthday parties, Christmas/new year/celebration parties, housewarmings, functions/events, etc. Probably a place where you'll make a high quantity of new friends but not necessarily quality relationships. Good way to meet more people nonetheless.

3-Take the first step:-

Once you are out there with people around you, someone has to make the first move. If the other party doesn't initiate a talk, take the first step to say hello. Get to know each other a little better! Share something about yourself, and then give the other party a chance to share about him/her. Something easy, like asking how the day is, or what they did today / in the past week is a great conversation starter. Once the ice is broken, it'll be easier to connect.

4-Be open:-

Always try to be open-minded.Don't judge.On the same note,open your heart to the person.When I make new friends, I open myself fully, with full faith that they are good people, with good hearts and good intentions. I notice that because I do that, it has helped me foster a lot of genuine relationships which are built on trust, love and faith. These meaningful relationships wouldn't be possible if I had closed myself off at the onset.

5-Get to know the person:-

A friendship is about both you and the other person. Get to know the person as an individual. 

6-Be there with them:-

A friendship is a supportive union between two people. Be there for your friends where you can.

7-Make an efort to stay in touch:-

 For some of my best friends, we meet only once every few months. Yet, there's never any doubt that we're closely connected and we will be there for each other when needed.

If both of you have your own set of engagements, it may be hard to find time together. Arrange for a simple meetup, say over lunch, tea, or dinner time. Or you can always catch up over text messages, online chat, or phone calls. Technology has made communication so easy that it's difficult not to stay in touch.

I hope you've found these tips are useful :) Which can you apply to make to make new friends

Riya Signing off✍