Chapter 4

To say, Dream was worried was an understatement. He was petrified for his friend. He had never heard anybody like this, that was scary enough itself. But to have heard his friend having a panic attack. The worst part is, he doesn't think this is NF's first panic attack. He sounded like he was doing some breathing exercises. NF said some people were picking upon him. Was he getting bullied? Is he okay? Has this been happing for a while?

Dream has never wished more to know, where does his friend lives. It would be probably for nothing, since NF has a British accent, and probably lives in the UK—which is a whole ocean away from Dream.

And last, but not least; NF's voice. It did sound higher. Maybe it was because of his microphone? But they had talked on the phone before and it never sounded this high. Was he really using a voice changer?

He thinks, trying to remember the times, when NF's voice cracks, never in the way he thinks normal teenage boy's voice crack would sound like. No, it was different, but he couldn't say how.

He would lie if he said it doesn't hurt; his best friend probably using a voice-changer. The question is why? Is he that terrified of his privacy? Does he not trust Dream? He would be glad—thankful—if NF told him, but he himself can't imagine how would that conversation go. "Hey Dream, just so you know, I use voice-changer". No, that is just weird. Even Dream knows that.

So yeah. He can't really be mad for him not telling him, but it still, somewhat, hurts.

The realization of maybe why NF took this hate so bad hits him. There were accusations of him using a voice changer, they were making fun of his voice, they said 'his real voice must sound really bad, if even with voice changer it sounds like that :throwing up:'. Maybe NF is insecure about his voice, and this is the reason why he uses it, so they don't make fun of him, of his voice.

But technology isn't perfect, nothing is. It's only understandable when it fails in a two-hour stream. He never realized, he never noticed, he never paid attention.

He feels bad. For being angry at NF. For being angry at him for being insecure. For god's sake, he is insecure about his legs and almost never wears shorts, and if, he wears them with high socks.

There really isn't a reason why he doesn't like his legs, specifically his chins, he just doesn't. God. Why was he mad? It was stupid. After all, it doesn't really matter—at least to him—how his friend sounds, looks, or where he lives. They understand each other, talk for hours, help each other with school stuff; mostly NF helping Dream, he seems to be genius in, well, everything really.

He looked back at his computer screen to an open Minecraft game. He should be working on his history assignment, but he really doesn't want to. He doesn't really need to do it, since it is a small one, with no real weight to his grade.

~~

George is panicking. He was petrified. Did Dream actually not noticed, or did he decided not to comment on it. Did he saw the comments? The conspiration—that no-one knows are true—the haters left?

Dream is a smart guy, no doubt in that. But did he notice. This is all George can think about. It is too hard to get those thoughts out of his head. When your biggest fear, biggest nightmare becomes true; your friend laughing at you because of something you can not control—your voice. Did he know, it is very unlikely for your friend to leave you? He did. But years of bullying and listening to: "Your voice is the reason on-one like you, talks to you" is the reason George is having a tough time believing it.

He looks at the time, 7:03 pm, his father and sister are coming home soon, he can try to cook some dish for them, for a family dinner.

~~

George was finishing putting everything on the table. The food, glass with lemon-water, forks, and napkins. The food edible, easy and good. He was pleased with himself.

The doorbell could be heard, so he went and opened it.

"Hello"

"Brother!!!" she screamed and hugged him "I was in school, they did teach me stuff." George smiled and hugged his sister back.

"I made dinner, go wash your hands and then we can all eat it, ok?" she silently nodded and ran away. A bunch of random noises could be heard with items falling. George loves her, even if she is a bit clumsy, but he knows it is not her fault.

"Are you okay?"

"Hmm?" George turned to his father "I am perfectly fine, should be something wrong?"

"Your eyes are red, more than normal."

George panics "No, no" he awkwardly laughed "I was just editing for a while and my eyes hurt"

"GOGYYYYYY! I'm readyyyyyyy" The sister screamed from the table, George and his dad making their way to her, George glad he got to drop the topic.

______________

I have yet to decide on the name for the sister, but I have some ideas, so don't worry.
Im happy about how is this story going so far, and I am pretty excited><