"Alone With Apollo PT 2"

'T-Ted Tonate?!'

he nodded

'disabling bombs isn' Tonate's only specialty, the victim must have realized that he was the bomber. So when she was caught in the blast, she left his bomb transport case number as her dying message. She used Tonate's own ID number to finger him for the crime!'

'OBJECTION!!'

payne squeaily called dout

'Why would anyone go out of their way to write an ID number?! Wouldn't they simply write the person's name?!'

the judge nodded in agreement

'What do you have to say to that, Mr. Wright?'

phoenix shrugged

'i'll admit right now, I'm not completely sure, however, i do have a theory, maybe Detective Arme couldn't recall Tonate's name, since this was the first meeting between the two. It's possible they wouldn't have been familiar with each other'

'Or maybe using the ID number was a way to hide its true meaning from the real culprit! Thus lowering the odds that they would erase the bloody writing'

phoenix nodded

'good job wisdom, another possibility as to why, but despite the reason, the important thing is the meaning behind her message. The fact remains, she wrote Tonate's ID number!'

'OBJECTION!!'

'Now, just one moment, here! There hasn't been any proof yet that it was indeed Detective Arme who wrote it! The bloody writing wasn't found during the investigation after the blast! If Detective Arme had left the message, it should have been found at that time!'

'Tonate hid it before anyone could discover it. And there's a simple explanation for how he was able to do so'

he said, payne stared at him

'Wh-What?'

'Tonate was able to cover the message up because he was the first person to discover the bloody writing was him, in his own typed-up words he said and I quote "i was the first one on the scene after the explosion, I went their to ensure safety, but i ended up discovering a dead body", , When Tonate saw that the victim had written his ID number he used his bomb transport case to cover up the bloody writing as a stopgap measure'

'Oh, so that's why the message in blood was under the transport case!'

athena said, now understanding

'He didn't have enough time to get rid of the writing because If he didn't report the body right away, he would look suspicious. So used to letters in another incident!'

'Oh! The assault on Mr. Justice!'

the judge said, phoenix nodded

'Tonate made a plan to use the bloody writing for his own purposes. So he didn't clean it away. Instead, he made it look like Justice wrote it. By adding two lines to the writing that Detective Arme left behind, he changed the meaning of the message! He made it look like Justice was accusing Ms. Woods of the attack!'

athena stared up at him

'So that means...!'

'The only person who could have altered the bloody writing was the courtroom bomber who was the same person that assaulted Mr. Justice. And that person is Ted Tonate!'

payne cried out in shock as he wig nearly fell off yet again, the court started to get wild again as the judge banged his gavel

'Order in the court! Order, I say! It looks like we will have to hear from the bomb specialist himself. Mr. Payne, please have Mr. Tonate take the witness stand!'

Payne winced but compiled none the less

'Ungh... Yes, Your Honor...'

when he got onto the witness stand phoenix whispered over to athena

'be prepared for anything, and catch on even the slightest lie'

she nodded, determined as ever, the judge suddenly spoke up

'Mr. Tonate, I'm afraid we have a few more questions for you'

tonate began to type on his keypad

'I UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION, YOUR HONOR. I WAS KEEPING A CLOSE EYE ON THE PROCEEDINGS FROM THE GALLERY. THE ALLEGATIONS ARE ALL LAUGHABLE'

phoenix glared at him

'I wouldn't be laughing if I were you, The message in blood matches your ID number!'

'SUCH A FARFETCHED THEORY! NO BETTER THAN A TANGLED BALL OF WIRES. I've [sic] have them untangled for you in no time at all!'

'You were the first person on the scene after Detective Arme left her message in blood. You were the only one who could've hidden the writing, and then used it again later!

'I SEE x2. BUT THEN, LET ME ASK YOU: DO YOU HAVE ANY PROOF THAT DETECTIVE ARME WROTE THAT MESSAGE?'

'That's a very good question. Well, do you, Mr. Wright?'

surprisingly he nodded

'Your Honor, I demanded for a DNA test be performed on the blood itself. Once we know whose it is, it will be obvious who wrote the message!'

phoenix took a mental note at how he suddenly became silent, and how his shield helmet fell on his face

Tonate:
............

'Very well. Bailiff! Please put in a request for a DNA test with the forensics team!, It will be some time before we have the results of the analysis. Until then, let's hear more from the witness'

the bailif nodded as he walked out, tonate began to stype again

'I WOULD LIKE NOTHING MORE, YOUR HONOR. I WANT THE COURT TO HEAR HOW RIDICULOUS THE DEFENSE'S THEORY IS'

the defense lawyers got out their pens and began to write

'I ADMIT I WAS THE FIRST ONE ON THE SCENE AFTER THE EXPLOSION, BUT THERE WAS NO BLOODY WRITING THERE AT THAT TIME, ANYWAY, THERE IS NO WAY DETECTIVE ARME COULD HAVE WRITTEN IT, SHE HAD STRUCK HER HEAD ON RUBBLE AND DIED NEAR THE COURTROOM ENTRANCE, SHE WAS TOO FAR AWAY FROM WHERE THE BLOODY MESSAGE WAS FOUND'

phoenix was the first one to be done writing, while athena was still finishing up, he looked at tonate skeptically

'you're saying that the victim's body was nowhere near where the writing was?'

'PRECISELY. IT IS AS PLAIN AS DAY THAT SHE COULD NOT HAVE WRITTEN IT'

'It's true that the body was discovered near the entrance to the courtroom. Please have a look at this crime scene photo. As you can see, there is blood on the rubble near the victim's body. She must've died after hitting her head there'

payne said as he summited to the court records

'Hmm... I see. All right, then, Mr. Wright. You may cross-examine the witness'

'DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO TAKE MY INFALLIABLE TESTIMONY APART?'

phoenix grinned as he stared right at him

'yes i do'

'H-HUH?'