Chapter 5 Kill Mission

"W-What the hell happened here?..." General Douglas gasped in a tone of amazed fear, his jaw hanging wide open along with four other members of the military inspection team for the remains of the prison vessel The Ghost.

"That's what we've been trying to figure out sir," Dr. Palka, the psychiatrist on board The Ghost said as he raised the bridge of his glasses upwards against his nose "Clemente Firg was like any other prisoner of this vessel, a highly skilled military personnel convicted of treason in the highest degree. His psychological profile doesn't suggest any abnormalities which may cause violent actions of this degree..."

"The hell does that mean?" General Douglas said as he looked around at the nearly burned-down facility sitting precariously in the middle of the ocean, still in disbelief it was a direct result of one man's actions.

"It means he was completely sane," Dr. Palka explained to the General and his investigative team "he wouldn't have any reason to cause destruction of this magnitude in broad daylight, with hundreds of well-armed and extensively-trained soldiers, much less explain how he was able to succeed."

"Maybe he was just getting fed up with being locked away for so long he finally went nuts?" A high-ranking officer inclined.

"It's so unlikely it's impossible," Dr. Palka retaliated "Firg was completely sane, even as he was enacting this dire act."

"How do you know?" General Douglas raised an eyebrow doubtfully as he questioned Dr. Palka.

"Well there are three reasons. One, Firg is an incredibly gifted soldier, having training in most all forms of conventional weaponry. But aside from that, he was notorious for being an incredible tactician, spy, master of disguise and was also able to formulate solutions to bring down even the most flawless of military strategical operations, he's not one to lose all that just from being locked away on this rock for two months..."

"Uh...ok..." The General and his investigative team said uncertainly as they listened keenly to Palka's nearly-ludicrous explanation to defend Firg's sanity.

"Reason number two, after Firg killed everyone on board using weapons which weren't even registered to be on board at the time, he used a secure line to contact the Pentagon and leave this message: 'You'll never get me motherfuckers, so you might as well call in Mr. Green.'"

There was an awkward and unsteady silence on board The Ghost minus the sounds of the flames still burning from Firg's break out. Everyone except General Douglas had a confused look on their face at the mention of the man called "Mr. Green".

"Uh, sir? Who is this Mr. Green guy?" One of the officers asked the General after observing his shock-stricken expression.

"...No one knows for sure. Not even the U.S. Government has a file on his true identity. All I know is that he's an incredibly gifted mercenary who often works closely with the Government to bring in targets which would normally call for an entire army to step in and take out. It's said there's no one in this world who can escape him once he's hired to bring you down..."

"Then why would Firg challenge him?" One of the officers questioned Dr. Palka as he turned his back to the investigation team.

"Well that leads me to my third reason as to why I believe he's still completely sane..." Palka said as he removed his glasses from his face with a sigh, then (to the shock of the investigation team) removed the wig he was wearing and transformed the glasses he had folded in his hands into a small knife. "I am Clemente Firg!" Firg then placed his hand over his Dr. Disguise, which temporarily glowed a light green before transforming into a suit of heavy-duty metal combat armor.

Most of the investigation team stood in utter disbelief, while General Douglas and some other brave souls drew their weapons, but by that point it was already too late...

Half a second later, Firg stood over the bodies of the military investigation team members and General Douglas.

"Worthless swine, they deserved this... They all did. Now Mr. Green will have no other choice but to accept my challenge on my terms... And once he arrives here to kill me, I'll turn the tables on him and make his head a trophy. Then the world will know that I'm the most dangerous assassin in the world! And it's all thanks to you...Ares..." Firg said as he stood triumphantly amongst the dead.

"As long as I get to see more death, I'm always game!" The God of war inside Clemente's head agreed enthusiastically.

"I figured..." Firg said as he glanced own at the knife he had transformed from a pair of glasses. "Yes, your power is what will secure my victory over Mr. Green. And after he's dead..." Clemente smirked as he transformed the knife into a small, fully-loaded sidearm "We'll kill the others with Gods possessing them and make you the King of the Gods!"

"I knew I picked the right human for this job..." Ares sneered in in pleased tone inside Clemente's conscious.