Chapter 5 : Warming Up

It's been a few minutes since Shadow and I have entered the cave. Thankfully there are still crystals that light up our path, so we still can keep our flashlights for later.

"Okay I'm bored, let's ask each other questions" I said and he groaned.

"I knew you'd say that at some point"

"Well anyway first and most important question! Where do you live?! Are you homeless?!"

He stare at me with squinted eyes as if I just asked a very inappropriate question.

"I live in a house and I'm not telling you where"

"Aw what?" I whined "are you lying? Are you actually homeless but won't admit it?"

"No, I just don't want to have you come to my house every single day because I know you'd do that if I tell you exactly where I live" he stated and I scoffed.

"I'm not gonna do that" I mumbled "well, your turn, ask me something" I said.

It took him a while before he stare at me and start asking his question.

"What annoys you the most?"

"Eggman, but at the same time it's kinda boring without him" I chuckled.

"Boring? Is it because there's no action in the village?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah I think" I shrugged "Eggman is annoying but I love kicking his butt and his robots. It's like a hobby of mine" I chuckled again.

I got a little off guard when he chuckled back, then he smirk at me.

"Do you want to fight me?"

My eyes widen is surprise and I hold up my two hands in front of my chest "No! Why would I do that? We're not enemies anymore!"

"Yeah but we can still fight for fun"

"Ehhh m-maybe later" I nervously smiled at him.

"You're probably just scared that I'd beat you again just like last time when you tried to tackle me at Meh Burger" he scoffed.

"Shadow, that's not funny, I had bruises because of you. That fight also happened because you believed what Eggman said when clearly you're not supposed to believe anything from him because he's mean and a jerk and a villain who doesn't care about anyone" I rolled my eyes away.

"Hmph, fine, fair point" he groaned.

HA he admit it! And he can't throw anything back at me because I'm right! I feel so much better right now. Sometimes winning an argument is better than winning a fight, especially when that argument is against Tails, Amy, and/or Shadow.

"Chao!"

Dumpling shouted and fly through a large crack on the wall. It's like a doorway but it looks like a crack, so I'm gonna call it a crackway.

"Dumpling wait!" I shouted as both Shadow and I rush to follow him.

The two of us walk through the crack and surprised ourselves when we entered the room. There's a small lake with sparkly and shiny water; the crystals are all different from the ones outside the crack, these ones shine a light blue and soft gold color. It's such a pretty relaxing and beautiful scenery, I've never witnessed something like this before! It's so amazing!

"Wow...Shadow this place is so beatiful" I smiled, still moving my eyes around the room to capture every detail of it.

"Yeah, who knew a place like this exist inside a deep cave" Shadow said.

"Chao!"

Dumpling throw himself in the lake and start floating on his back. I chuckled at the sight and got closer to it, sitting down and just stare at Dumpling as he's having fun in the water.