Chapter 7 : Rare Sight

For being in this place for a while, Shadow and I discovered some other type of Chaos! There's actually more of them with different head shapes and colors, they're all just so adorable and fun to play with! Shadow decided to change Dumpling's name to Stripes because it's more fitting with his new look. I'm really gonna miss calling him by his old name, because I came up with it and he used to look like a dumpling!

Shadow and I are sitting near the lake while watching the other Chaos swimming. The others that aren't swimming are still dancing and playing their little musical instruments. It's like a whole day of celebration for one of their little friend who finally got home safely. Such a wholesome creature!

"Is it weird that I don't want to return back to the village?" I chuckled "I really want to stay here as long as I can"

Shadow stare at me and make a small smile "no, me too actually"

"Right? It's a lot more peaceful in here than when we're at the cave's first entrance! We gotta be sneaky and all, but here? Man I could scream at how much I love the Chaos and no one will hear me" I laughed and lay down on the soft grass.

"Too bad we gotta go back at some point, but I guess it's fine to stay for as long as we need" Shadow smiled and hold Stripes close "I mean, no one in the village is going to look for me anyway" he chuckled.

I sit up and groaned "ugh right...I think Tails and the others are going to get worried if I'm not back..."

"You can always forget about them"

"You know I can't do that" I whined.

"It's just a suggestion" he shrugged.

We both got quiet for a moment and just stare at our Chao. Blue is taking a nap beside me and I gently stroke his head.

"By the way, I want to thank you for letting me join you in this great discovery" I smiled at Shadow.

"Why thank me?" He asked.

"Because I have never thought in my life that I will be able to find out creatures like this that exists on the cave's other exit...it's just such a memorable adventure to me"

"Heh" he chuckled "even though most of it is not action-packed and spent mostly inside a cave?"

"Yes" I chuckled back "I even get to have a Chao that looks like me! If I decided to stay away from you, none of this would happen! So thank you" I said and smiled at him once again.

He stare blankly at me for a moment and it actually make me nervous for some reason. Did I say something weird?

"Again...you don't have to thank me...but I appreciate the genuine act" he smiled back.

I forgot to mention that the sun is actually setting right now, so the sky's color is in this beautiful mixture of orange, yellow, and pink. I did mention that this place has a breath-taking view of the ocean and right now it's shining and sparkling from the sunset, so in my eyes Shadow is looking very stunning right now. Of course I can't say that to him, it's embarrassing!

What's weird is that I start to blush. My brain still can't process what happened to my face but seeing Shadow smile like that might possibly be the cause of it. It's just so...charming all of a sudden.

Then, Blue wake up from his nap. He is still laying down but he stretch himself and yawned at the same time. Stripes release himself from Shadow's grip and fly towards Blue, I wonder why? Shadow and I can only watch and guess what they are about to do.

Stripes hold Blue's right hand and pull him up from the ground, Blue still look so sleepy and confused to why Stripes even want to bother him after his aftrenoon nap. Then they talk to each other with their language.

"Haha this is kinda cute! It's like watching ourselves talking in Chao form!" I giggled.

"Yeah I guess you're ri-"

Both Shadow and I stopped smiling when Stripes suddenly pull Blue in for a kiss. That really caught us off guard!

"St- Stripes! Let go of him!" Shadow move forward and tried to take Stripes away from Blue.

"Blue! Oh my gosh Stripes is not letting go! How strong is your Chao?!" I complained when I also try to pull Blue away.

We got up and still struggle to pull both Chaos away from each other. They're not kissing anymore but Stripes strongly refuses to let Blue go. Blue can't seem to process anything, he looks dizzy from the kiss!

"Stripes! Come on!" Shadow growled.

"Hmph!" Stripes scoffed.

We still have no clue about anything on this creature, we didn't expect one of them to be THIS strong! It's like they can match their owner's strength or something because Stripes is definitely really strong to keep holding Blue close to him! Strong enough to go against Shadow himself!

"Chao!" Stripes shouted and fly upwards.

Shadow got pulled forward because of it while I got pulled backward. We lost our grip on our Chaos and cause us to lose our balance, which cause us to fall on each other. Shadow pull himself up from me and we caught each other's glimpse for a moment. I start to blush again and quickly avert my eyes to the side.

"Um- I uh..."

Shadow still doesn't say anything to me, he keeps on staring at me and it's just making me even more nervous!

"Shadow...can you- um.." I mumbled.

"Sonic" he move his hand and gently brush my muzzle "you can hate me for saying this but lately you've become so attractive in my eyes"

I let a small gasp out in surprise and my eyes immediately move back to stare at his own ruby eyes.

"What?"

"Hanging out with you just make me realize how cute you can be..." he said with a small blush "I understand if you find me weird for this" he sighed and get himself off of me.

I still don't know how to react to that, it's like it happened all in a blink of an eye and I don't even get any time to process it! Shadow is about to walk away and my instinct suddenly tell me to stop him by grabing his hand.

"Shadow wait! Let me say something!" I said as if I can even tell my brain to work.

Shadow stand there while looking at me, it's hard not to blush for it now since he said all those things to me.

"Look, if you- if there's anything else you want to say to me just say it, because for me when I keep hanging out with you I also just realized how strong and cool...and gentle and how caring you can be" I smiled shyly.

There's this little spark on Shadow's eyes, I somehow can tell that he likes the things I said to him. He kneeled down since I'm still sitting on the ground and suddenly put his hand on the back of my quills, pulling me for a kiss just like how Stripes did with Blue.

He pulled away after a few seconds, then he smiled softly at me and stick our forehead together.

"Thank you, Sonic"

I blush deeply and I got really shy, but I somehow still manage to smile back.

"Haha...like Chao like owner" I said and he chuckled.

We decided not to bother Stripes and Blue since we unexpectedly also acts like them now. Shadow invite me to sit at the edge of the cliff and watch the sunset together while holding each other's hand. It's a very surprising event for the both of us, who knew we'd start liking each other on the process of finding Stripes' home. I can never imagine to start having feelings for a male hedgehog especially with Shadow but here I am...and it's not so bad.