Chapter 6 : Other Exit

I have no idea how long we've been in this cave, I'm guessing about an hour now. Shadow and I already exit the crack of the cave and continue our way to find more of Dumpling's family. He got hungry on the way though, so we decided to sit down for a bit and eat some fruits that I brought along.

"Another question"

"Oh no" Shadow sighed, "what is it?"

"If my friends start being nice to you will you act the same way?" I asked.

"I'm not sure" he simply answered "I don't fully trust anyone else except you for now since you've been keeping your promise" he stated and I smiled.

"Aww that's kinda nice to hear" I chuckled.

"By the way, Amy was it? Do you guys like each other?"

He suddenly asked that and it caught me off guard with the question. I got really shocked and start to blush in embarassment. It's not very like him to ask such question!

"I- no I do not! I mean I don't know about her but I think I picked up some obvious signs that she...maybe...like me" I mumble the last part and averted my eyes away.

"Is that so?" He smirked.

"Hey why do you ask that all of a sudden? Just drop it" I complained.

"Curious. Since out of all the hedgehogs in the village you're only very close with her" he said before taking another bite.

"Well duh since we've been in a team for like years now" I rolled my eyes "the only other girls I often interact with are Sticks and Perci"

"None of them are even hedgehogs" Shadow retorted.

"Right...guess only you and Amy then" I said.

I suddenly have this thought of asking the same question to Shadow but I doubt he'll answer it or even have an answer for it. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try and ask him! That is if he doesn't try to hurt me from my question.

"What about you? Any hedgehog in the village that caught your eyes?" I snickered at him.

"Why do I even bother to eye other hedgehogs when you're the only hedgehog that bothers me the most" he grunted and I laughed.

"Guess I'm the only one in your head!"

"And it bothers me so much" he narrowed his eyes while I still laugh at him.

"Come on, I'm not THAT bad, look at how charming my face looks" I playfully smirk at him as I poke my muzzle with my index finger. Shadow stared at me blankly before he turn his head away from me.

"Hey!" I whined.

After all that break and irritating conversation, all of us decided to get back on our feet and continue our journey. Finally as we got deeper into the cave the amount of crystals that shine our way are gradually decreasing, it's time for us to actually use our flashlight now.

"Man, it's kinda chilly" I trembled.

"Scared, hedgehog?" Shadow chuckled.

"No, I just feel cold, don't you?" I tilt my head.

"Not really" he said "if you're that cold we can turn back and-"

"No way in heck I'm gonna turn back now! We've gotten so deep! We have to keep going!" I stated out loud.

I made it all this way and I'm not gonna stop just because I'm cold! That's just ridiculous! I keep on refusing Shadow's offer to turn back and his other ideas which requires me to get out of the cave. I'm not gonna leave no matter what.