4.

"Demons?!" Hoseok choked, "You can't be serious!"

"We are extremely serious," The blonde vampire said, "We are coming to you for help and to offer you assistance because.... How did they say it?" She waved her hand a little, "The end is nigh,"

"I don't know how to react to this," Yoongi said carefully, "I'm going to need some more information,"

"Of course," Bee said, "We will tell you everything, but first we need to come to terms for our truce,"

There was an uncomfortable silence.

"Then," Her voice cut gently through the air, "I propose this. I will give you some information and allow you until tomorrow night to decide what you wish to do with it. Until we meet again, my vampires will harm none, and in return, you shall be respectful enough of me to follow suit,"

She stood then and it surprised me to see that she was actually very tiny.

The two meat-head vampire males stuck with her as she moved around the table until she waved them off.

"Do you agree?"

She offered me a pale hand. Without thinking, I also stood and reached out to take it.

Her hand was smaller than mine, with soft, cold skin.

"I agree," I responded, my voice scratchy.

She smiled a little and pulled away, heading back to her seat.

"I will sum it up quickly," She said, "This town is a vortex of supernatural powers. Thanks to my strength, the area is ruled by vampires, and we keep the evil at bay,"

"Uh, sorry to interrupt," I wasn't actually sorry, but at least had to try and be polite, "But what evils? We thought you were the evil ones,"

"We are not," She didn't show any irritation at me, "There are much worse out there than us. Werewolves, for example, once a month turn into mindless killing machines, spreading death or their disease wherever they go. For the rest of the month they can control themselves better, but still murder. The worst are demons, however,"

One of her meat-heads took over. Taehyung I thought.

"The reason that the powers here are so strong os because the entrance to hell is here," He said, "We've been fighting against their prophecy for a long time but it's getting too much,"

I scoffed. I couldn't help it.

"So- let me get this right - we live reaaally close to the entrance of hell and people are dying not because of you, but because of... demons,"

He narrowed his eyes, "I do not like your tone,"

"I'm having a hard time believing you,"

"You believe us vampires are real," The blonde vampire spoke, "But not in Hell or demons?" She sighed, "You young now are so very childish and sheltered,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said with narrow eyes.

"Demons are climbing out of the mouth of hell and possessing, murdering and sacrificing both your people and mine, putting the world in danger and you are so caught up in the hatred of vampires that you refuse to believe,"

"I've never seen a demon," I countered, feeling a little childish, just as she mentioned.

She stared at me with her cold silver eyes, "Yes, I believe you have,"

A cold shiver ran up my spine. Before I could ask who she meant, Taehyung once again took over.

"We need your help and you need ours. The demon prophecy tells of a great war and a greater sacrifice to allow them to allow their king to rise. It must be stopped and we can't do it alone because we are unable to move during the day," He paused, "Demons are stronger at night so we can offer you protection if you help us with research in return. We need to work together,"

Their Mistress held out a hand before we could say anything, "You may discuss it and get back to us tomorrow night," She said, "You must leave now. Jungkook and Taehyung will take you home safely,"

"We don't need them to," I said, standing up.

"Very well," She responded, "Then they will meet you in front of the cemetery at eight tomorrow night,"

I took a deep breath, "Fine," I turned to my friends, "Let's go, guys,"