Part 6

Uday stopped the car in front of the beach and rushed to the passenger door, to open it for manyata. It was almost sunset time and the orangish hue made the scene in front even more angelic. Uday held manyata's hand and took her to a stone to sit down and just take in the view. 
They spent some time in a comfortable silence until uday broke it.

uday: princess do you remeber our first meeting here on the beach?

manyata(smiling): kaise bhul skti hu ek halkat veda jo piche pd gya tha us din.

uday: come on princess i am not that bad.

manyata: haan haan tu to bhagwan ka bheja hua avtaar hai. jo specially hum jaise mamuli logo ka udhaar krne aaya hai is dharti pe.

uday: princess, tum kisi bhi angle se mamuli nhi ho. at least not for me. always remember that. tum humare liye sabse special ho.

hearing this manyata felt a warmth in her heart and was taken by surprise by his words. To stop the blush from creeping on her  cheeks she tried to avoid the topic.

manyata: ek baat bta uday. tu us din itna sda hua papita kyn bna hua tha?

uday chuckled lightly on her choice of words and replied light heartedly: kya h na princess us din hume pta lga tha ki hume apni best friend ko bhulna pdega aur jay se shadi krni hogi.

manyata: ab smjh aaya. vaise shi h us jayghamandini se shadi krne pe to sbka hi mood khrb ho jaega. 

uday laughed whole heartedly and a sweet warmth spread over manyata's body. she loved how he sounded when he laughed and how it made butterflies to flutter in her stomach. after some time uday started the conversation again.

uday: princess tumne nhi btaya why were you sad that day?

manyata: us din baba ne mujhe btaya tha ki hume ye seher chod kr jana hoga. par pta nhi kyn ek lagav sa ho gya tha mere man mei is seher se. itne salon mei khi bhi mujhe ghar jaisa nhi lga par yha aake lga jaise ki m ghr hu apno ke pas. ab ja kr pta lga kyn. maine bhot time lgaya apne parivaar ko accept krne mei par ab jake samajh aaya ki yhi to vo chiz hai jis ke liye mai meri puri jindagi tarsi hu aur m bevakoof usi se bhag rhi thi. (A/N okay i don't remeber the exact reason why she was sad, but bear with me. this is what i am going with.)

uday(while chucking): shi kha princess bevakoof to tum ho thodi si. (he resumed after a brief pause) par ab vo sb kuch matter nhi karta you are back with your family now where you belong. back with me.

he whispered the last part for only himself to hear, but manyata heard him anyway. but she chose not to respond to it.

manyata: uday mujhe apne kidnap hone se pehle ka kuch bhi yaad nhi hai. tu to us samay pe mujhse bda tha na. thodi memories mere sath share kr na.

uday: of course princess. jaise ki aap ko pta hi hai we were best friends aur hum hmesha sath rhte the. in fact dadiahab se jidd krke aapne apne room mei special phone lgavaya tha taki aap humse baat kr ske. aur humne bhi dad ko aisa krne ke liye convince kia tha. afterall hum aapne favorite jo the jaise ki ab bhi hai.

manyata: haan vhem paalna to koi terese sikhe.

after this uday started to share memories from there childhood days and manyata was keenly listening to him. hanging on his each and every word taking in how her life was before she was taken away from her family to lead a life of isolation. after about half an hour she finally voiced the question that had been b0othering her from a long time.

manyata: how were you so sure that it was me? tumne ek bar bhi doubt nhi kia ki koi aur bhi manyata ho skta h mujhe rajmahal lane se pehle.

uday: i just knew it princess. it had to be you. no one other than my princess was brave enough to point a gun at me. and i had my doubts already about you being manyata jb hum aapse club mei mile the.

manyata: vo kaise?

uday: tumhari back pe jo scar hai usse.

manyata: mai kuch samjhi nhi. mujhe to yaad bhi nhi h vo chot kaise lagi thi.

uday: hume ek dum ache se yaad h princess. hum jab chote the tab khelte samay humari hi plastic ki sword se tumhe vo chot lgi thi. us din tumhare sath sath hum bhi roye the.

hearning this she was stunned for a second.

uday: but i guess that was a blessing in disguise. afterall usi scar se to hume humari best friend vapas mili. i have missed you princess.

manyata was speechless. she remembered that a few hours ago akash had said the same words to her ' i miss you' but that didn't have the same effect on her as uday's words did. she felt a pull at her heart. unconciously she leaned on uday and rested her head on her shoulder. and he wrapped his hand around her shoulder. they sat there watching the sea. its soothing sound and waves calming both of them down and being just there like that with each other gave them peace. but they were both oblivious of the reason for their new found peace. 

 after a while uday hesitantly broke the silence trying to find out what was actually bothering manyata before.

uday: ab aap hume btaegi princess ki aakhir aapko konsi baat pareshan kr rhi thi?

manyata: uday tujhe lagta hai ki mai badal gyi hu? aisa lagta h kabhi kabhi ki meri purani jindagi aur sare purane rishte piche reh gye aur mai unse aage nikal gyi hu.

uday: ineed you have changed. par kisne kha aapse ki badlav galat hai. it is a sign of growth. Agar aap samay ke hisab se badlengi nhi to apne aap ko behter kaise kar paogi? agar aapke rishte is badlav ko accept nahi kar skte iska matlab hai ki vo aapko piche khinch rahe hai jo ki kisi ke liye bhi sahi nahi hai. change har kisi ki life mei aata hai princess, kabhi bda to kabhi chota, ye hum par depend krta hai ki hum use kaise face kre. it is an opprtunity in disguise for better or for worse. hum is badlav se apne aap ko improve kar sakte hai ya fir jiddi bn ke past ko pakde rakh ke apne aap ko barbad kar skte hai.

manyata: par aisa kyon loagta hai ki mai apne aap ko hi piche chod rahi hu. agar mai jaynandini jaisi ban gyi to?

uday: princess aap mei aur jay mei jameen aasmaan ka farak hai. aap dono behenien jarur hai par bilkul bhi ek jaise nahi hai. aur chahe jitne bhi badlav aajae aapka dil hmesha vhi rhega. you will always be kind, pure, free and that bold jhalli princess jisne ek cockroach se pure rajmahal ko sar pe utha dia tha. As long as you are true to yourself no matter what happens your heart will remain the same.

manyata smiled a little but didn't say anything further. uday's answer gave some ease to her mind from the inner battle that she was fighting since she received akash's call. she made a promise to herself that no matter what happens she will not let anyone become a hinderance in her growth and also that she will not change her heart. people will say what they have to say but she will always remain true to herself.

soon her eyes started dropping and before she knew it she felt asleep in uday's arms.

so guys here is part 6.

i hope you like it, i know it is somewhat boring, but it was important for the plot.

in the show uday and manyata never had a real conversation and manyata was not even aware about her childhood or the memories that they shared. 

so i just gave them a real conversation. it will be beneficial in strengthening their bond.

do let me know how you feel like it and if you need me to make some changes.

Also let me know if you want me to change my writing style.