part 14

Manyata's POV

Apart from the confusing start of the day, the rest of the pre holi celebration went smooth. After a long time the whole family was together on the breakfast table. I got somewhat upset over maharaj ji and jai, but i get it they have known each other longer than me, but everything will get okay. At least that is what i am telling myself.

Dadisaab hosted a holi party for us to celebrate together and invited a few guests, who apparently are family friends i have never met. That is where i am right now, getting introduced tonew people. No celebrations for me i guess.

"Manyata beta inse miliye ye brijraj ke bohot purane dost hai Mr. Rai choudhary" dadisaab introduced me to yet another guest. I shared the usual pleasantries with him and moved on.

I don't know why but he seemed familiar, but for the life of me i couldn't remember where i would have seen him before. I didn't get to sit on that thought for long because soon i was being sweeped away to yet another guest.

After what seemed like the 50th introduction, i was tired, bored and juat want to celebrate the festival with my family and friends.

"Ab bas bhi kijiye dadisaab Manyata ko holi to khelne dijiye, kb se bore ho rhi hai vo" uday said coming from behind.  I could have hugged him in that moment. But for my own sake i kept my excitement hidden.

"Sorry beta. Shi kh rahe hai aap, humne dhyan hi nhi dia. Jaiye aap bache ja kar enjoy kijiye. Happy holi" she said and i took it as my que to get away from her, afraid that she will change her mind. Also, because i was finding it hard to talk or even meet uday's eyes after the dream i had this morning.

" happy holi Manyata " unnati covered me in colors as soon as i was entered the backyard where everyone was playing holi.

"Unnati ki bachi pura rangon se bhar dia tune mujhe, abhi mja chakhati hu mai tujhe."  I said feigning anger. This is what i needed some fun time with my friend so i could do something childish. What better occasion to do that than holi.

I started running after her with colors in my hands and soon caught up to her. No need to say that i had a blast enjoying with unnati, vijay bhai, maa, and even jai joined us for the occasion which was a rare occurrence in itself and a little bit suspicious too.

But one thing that i was avoiding was being cornered by uday, i was deliberately trying to ignore him since morning,  and had to resort to numerous techniques to make that happen.

He has tried again and again to talk to me, but i was finding different reasons to avoid having to talk to him alone. I know it was acting like a coward, but what else was i supposed to do.

But it was holi and it was better to build bridges than to burn it, so i decided to have a talk with jai. Maybe in the holiday spirit she will let go of whatever rivalry she has built up in her head with me. I mean, come on seeing unnati and uday, i also wanted to be on good terms with my sibling. I wanted her to have my back not stab me in it.

"Happy holi, jai" i said, trying to apply the color on her cheek.

"Ohh cut up the act moniya" she snarled holding my hand midway. "No one is watching so you can just tone down your acting."

"Sach mei ye koi acting nhi hai. I really want us to get along. Don't you want that?" I asked her with a polite smile. I really wanted to get through to her. all she had to do was give us a chance.

"Well, all i want is formy parents to be mine. Everything that you stole from me to be mine again. Unless you can make that happen we can't get along." She continued in a snide tone.

"I really don't get what will it take for you to see that we are go the same team here and not against each other. " i said in the last ditch attempt to make her listen.

"Don't worry i will be a lot of things, and a lot less of you." And the evil smirk wasback on her face. "Also, i have a really great holi surprise for you. It is going to make everything better for the both of us." She whispered in my ear.

I was just reeling in her words when all of a sudden i felt myself falling backwards in the pool, and saw a smiling jai enjoying this little stunt. I just don't know how to stop this constant planning and plotting and actually get a real family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stupid jai and her stupid gimmicks. This is what i get trying to hold out an olive branch for her." This is what i was thinking about while going to my room to wash off. "All she is capable of is making my life miserable and i keep on giving her chances like a fool." I was in such a great mood, everything was going great and i had to ruin in by talking to jai ghamandini. When will i ever learn.

All of the guests have left and i needed some relaxation now. I don't know what is it about holi but it made me really tired.

As i opened the door, something seemed off about my room. I mean the bed was crumpled and the window was open, which i remember closing. But maybe it was just a servant who left it open. Right now i don't have the energy to do anything other than taking a shower and that is where i went to take a hot shower to wash all of jai's negative energy away from me.

Even in the shower all i could think about was the dream i had this morning.  It had been in the background all day long. I can't get it out ofmy head, nor the incident that followed right after i woke up. Why didi felt disappointed after.

I guess my brain is going through so muxh lately and i am so tired that my feelings are getting confused. I am having weird dreams experiencing different feelings. I need proper rest toreel it all in, and to make a sense of what is happening.

So this is exactly what i am going to do, take a long nap and not think about feelings that are confusing me.

Right when i head toward my bed, a hand grabs my waist from behind and before i can scream for help, another palm covers my mouth. Soon i am pressed against the wall and the last person i can imagine is standing right in front of me.

"Shhh it's just me. Don't panic. I just wanted to talk to you and see if you were alright" he said removing the palm from my mouth.

So, guys this was yet another late update and a lousy one at that.
I know the chapter is not that great and a bit boring, but i promise the next one will be better.

Who do you think has Manyata cornered? What drama will unfold in the next chapter?

Also, tell me your thoughts and ideas that you might want for me to include in this story.

P.S. on a totally different note has anyone among you had read the camorra chronicles? Is yes, are you excited about nevio and greta's books?
I can't wait to meet the grown up version of the twins and other falcone kids. Also, what others will be like. I am just dying here to find out.