Chapter seven - Talking

Once Philza's house came back into view, Tommy's heart both raced but calmed. He couldn't hear his brothers screams, which was calming, but the living room and kitchen, he guessed, lights were on. Telling him the house was awake, most likely Philza.

At first Tommy was going to climb back through his window, but once he stepped on the porch the front door swung open and he was faced with Techno. "Get in." He hissed. Tommy rolled his eyes and walked in. he held his arms from the cold, hoping to warm up just the slightest bit more.

Tommy jumped hearing the door close and turned around to see both Wilbur and Philza walk in. "Sit down." Philza said motioning towards the couch. "I-I'll s-s-stand." Tommy's teeth chattered, making his sentence much less stern.

Techno came around from the corner and handed Tommy a grey blanket, he slowly took it and wrapped it around himself. Praying the cold would leave his body soon.

-

Philza watched Tommy's actions. He watched his shaky hand grab the blanket from Techno. He watched his blue eyes dart around the room, looking at everything. Starting on windows and doors, then to random items around the room. Although Phil didn't know why, he could only think the worse as to why Tommy was looking at certain objects around him.

He knows he needs to talk to Tommy about his actions, but now is not the time. The boy in front of him is praying for his life. He can see the uncomfortable stance and scared look in his eyes. Philza knew talking to him now wouldn't get them anywhere, if anything it would send them backwards. Even if the progress they had made was small as it was.

Phil knew the boy was cold, he knew that could be the case for the boys shaking body, but it also didn't seem like the only reason. It couldn't be the only reason.

"Techno, Wilbur get some rest" Phil spoke gently, trying not to scare Tommy but also not soft enough to be spoken back to by his older sons. He watched Techno and Wilbur walk upstairs, sending Tommy stares as they did so. "I think it's best if you took a seat Tommy... please" Phil spoke warmly, trying to calm Tommy down from whatever nightmare his mind was portraying for him.

Slowly, Tommy walked over to the couch and took a seat at the end of the couch. He held the blanket tighter and tried to warm up faster. "Tommy, I know your cold" Phil said quietly. "Can I move closer?" He asked. Tommy looked at Phil and nodded his head, trying to stop his body from shaking. Philza moved closer to the blonde, and slowly wrapped his arm around Tommy's shoulder, giving him that opportunity to push him away or say no if he really wanted to, but he didn't. He leaned against Phil and let him rest his arm over him.

Philza smiled down at Tommy, knowing he couldn't see it. He was happy he was making progress with Tommy. He knew from the boys attitude at the orphanage Tommy would be difficult, and he expected that. He didn't expect Tommy to sneak out on the first night or to be woken up because Dream has called Wilbur saying he's found him. He definitely didn't expect to be on the couch holding his new son like he was right now.

"You can't be roaming the streets alone, especially at night. It's not safe" Philza broke the silence between the two. Tommy just sat there, listening to Phil. "You worried me, when Wilbur burst into my room saying you weren't in bed and Dream had found you" he sighed. "Why? It shouldn't worry you... you met me yesterday" Tommy argued weakly, his voice soft and quiet, but Phil could tell he wanted it a little harsher than it sounded. "Because your my son-"
"Foster son... and even before that, what made you actually want to foster me? Or is it just because of Ranboo and Tubbo?" Tommy cut Phil off, speaking a little clearer now, but he still had that exhausted tone.

"I fostered you because I could tell you needed it, I could tell you three boys needed someone to care for you..." Phil spoke gently and slowly, slow so Tommy could let his words sink and gentle enough to make Tommy feel like his words were actually the truth. "So did the others... what made us different?"
"Your personality's-"
"A couple loud mouthed kids in an orphanage made us different?" Tommy scoffed, looking up at Phil with a smile covering his lips. "Oh yeah exactly" Phil rolled his eyes.