Chapter 1- The World Will Remember Us

"I always promised my family that I'd do well in school, I mean that was until I met 4 boys who changed my life. I mean I had high school hero, life zero written above my head. I was the head cheerleader, I was getting straight a's. I mean that was until I started to make music with these boys. I never thought that one day I'd lose three of them and it would rip me apart inside'

Starla Haywoode was resting in her bed, it was clean, and her room was enormous, primarily because her parents were wealthy as they were famous actors. Starla sighed softly, it was July 24th, 1995, two days after Starla had lost three of the most influential people in her life. She spotted a photo frame on her bedside table, she sighed as she zoned out and went into her thoughts "I was in agony. Waves of painful memories that were unimaginable shot down my spine, causing every muscle in my body to contract as if I'd been shocked with 20,000 volts of electricity. My back arched up at an unnatural angle. My arms and legs began to shake. Two days ago, I was at the Orpheum preparing to perform for a few hundred people. The next thing I knew, everything went dark. I was still conscious, but just barely,  I found out about their deaths." She said to herself unaware that she was talking out loud.

Starla was staring at the wall, tears rolling down her cheeks as she heard Now or Never replaying in her mind. She was seated in her living room, the police were sitting a few meters away from her. She was unclear as to why they were here, she just stared at them as she tried to come to terms with their unforgettable news "No they... they can't be.." She whispered she knew that she had to believe it eventually, but they were her friends, she couldn't believe it just yet.

Sunset Curve was idolized at every performance, Unknown to Starla was that Bobby had changed his name to 'Trevor' and had released the songs Luke had previously written for the band, but he never gave them credit.

It seemed like every day for Starla, when it came to fighting with her parents, usually over the band or her grades, especially since they slipped after the deaths of her friends, anyways now that we understand the tragedy that had blinded the nation in 1995, and how devastating it was for some families.

Now we can fully understand the band's full motive and intentions by understanding what their home lives were like when they were alive and before they were nationwide sensations, we can fully understand why Starla Haywoode is taking their deaths more emotionally and personally than she took her father and brothers, who suffered trauma from a car crash a few days before her 15th birthday. She's 17 now and is a delightful child, but she has a vulnerable side that she doesn't show.

Reginald 'Reggie' Peters, the bass player of their band Sunset Curve, His parents were a fight away from a divorce, so he just decided to stay away from the fights mainly because he didn't want to push them over the edge. No one ever knew what Reggie was feeling because he never showed his emotional side.

Today, Reggie decided to speak to them, he was sweating nervously, his eyes fixed upon the ground just as his parents had finished their fight, his mother saw him "Hey buddy, you alright?" She asked as Reggie nodded "I. I'm in a band." He said softly, a smile lit his face after seeing his parents grinning. His parents pulled him close "We're so proud of you, and we're getting tickets to your first gig immediately..." They responded, that you could tell that they are trying to stay together for Reggie, but they never once thought how hard this was for their son especially since divorce is extremely hard for a teenager.

Alexander 'Alex' Mercer, the drummer of the band Sunset Curve, is gay, he was born in 1978, and when he told his parents that he was gay, they kicked him out which caused him to develop some type of anxiety, as he was always anxious about the way people view him. After being kicked out he started to live with Taylor considering that her mother doesn't mind the band. Alex went outside for some air, before spotting Taylor he weakly smiled and he breathed a sigh, a tear gradually rolled down his cheek as Taylor noticed and walked over to him, pulling him into a hug

Bobby Shaw, who later changed his name to Trevor Wilson to escape the survivors' guilt, the rhythm guitarist for the band, was the smartest one out of the band but also the most insecure, he would always compare his looks to those in the band, his main comparison was Luke, who was his best friend since diapers, with the abs and he was good looking in general, but Bobby wasn't. Although being the smartest has its perks as all of his grades are A's, this is only because that is the only way for him to be accepted by his parents, even though they view their son as a disappointment. Bobby was fed up and he wanted to prove a point to them.

Bobby loved being in the band mainly because he saw it as an escape from the real world. Bobby got home one day after school, and he saw his mother in the kitchen waiting for him, she looked extremely annoyed and stern "When were you going to tell me that you're in a band!?" She asked snapping annoyed. Bobby's throat was dry and he coughed to clear it " I was... eventually.." He said softly.

Luke Patterson, was the lead singer for the band. He was born to Emily and Mitch Patterson; he was their only child. His death at 17 years old in 1995 devastated them. Sometime in the early 1990s, Luke formed a rock band with his friends Reggie, Bobby, and Alex which they called Sunset Curve. Luke's parents disapproved of his dream to be in a rock band, which caused a rift between him and his parents and resulted in Luke running away from home.

Finally, we have Starla Haywoode, Monica and Charles's only daughter, and Jacob and Elijah's older sister. She has always into the arts ever since she was 3, but her parents told her to have realistic ideas. She went to the school in Los Feliz High School, where she became the head cheerleader... But her head was turned when she spotted Luke, their first interaction was ironically in a music class where they started to get to know each other, and before long they started to date. She was 14 nearly 15 when her brothers and father were involved in a car crash, they died on impact and Starla developed depression shortly after.