FIVE

"Okay, then how about the fact that on one hand, we have paranoid psychosis but the autopsy protocol says what?" Derek questioned as he walked around the table and placed his hands on the back of Theresa's chair before looking down to her and saying, "Tess?"

"The adhesive residue shows that he continuously put layer after layer of duct tape over these poor girls eyes." Theresa felt for them all. She hated to know what they had gone through, what their current victim was going through.

"He knows he wants to kill them, but he still covers their eyes." Derek point out, giving the brunettes shoulder a small squeeze. "He doesn't want 'em looking at him, apparently. Okay, but then he takes the body and dumps it right out in the open, murder weapon nearby."

"Not the M.O. of a paranoid convinced he's being watched or surveilled." Reid looked up to Derek wondering what he thought.

"Paranoid psychosis, but behaviour that's not paranoid. Maybe we just don't have enough for a complete profile." Derek shrugged, they weren't ready to give a profile yet.

Theresa slowly stood up and made her way towards Gideon, who was staring at the map on the board. She knew that he was probably coming up with an extremely accurate profile for their unsub.

She placed her hand on his bicep, snapping the older man out of his daze. He turned to look down at her with a knowing smile. He had a perfect profile for the unsub.

"All right, enough. Let's tell them we're ready." Gideon spoke up without even turning to face the others.

Theresa span on her heel to look at Derek, who in a way looked both angry and confused. He didn't feel ready enough to give a profile. He felt like they were wasting time.

"We're ready?" Derek asked, his voice cracking slightly in shock, causing Theresa to let out a small laugh.

She hadn't meant too and she instantly felt panicked once she made the sound. Reid stood up and walked over to the girl, he placed his hand on the brunettes shoulder and nodded supportively.

"Tess. Reid. You're good with this" Derek questioned after Gideon walked out. "We've got a woman who's only got a few hours left to live, an incomplete profile, and a unit chief on the verge of a nervous breakdown."

"They don't call them nervous breakdowns anymore." Gideon announced as he walked back into the room to grab his watch.

Theresa shook her head at the timing. She rested her head on Reid's shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her waist. She looked drained both mentally and physically, which hurt him because he knew that they were no where near done with this care, which meant that she would be suffering for longer.

"It's called a major depressive episode." Reid informed Derek, incase he didn't know the correct terminology.

"I know, Reid." Derek tutted. "Tess, let's go." He held the door open so that they could go and give the profile to the others working on this case.

Everyone had gathered in the conference room, all had taken their respective seats and pulled out the necessary paper work.

"The unidentified subject is white and in his late 20's. He's someone you wouldn't notice at first. He's someone who'd blend into any crowd." Gideon began to explain and as he paced up and down the empty space.

Theresa looked up to Derek, wondering how he profiled the unsub that took her. She wondered how long it actually took him to save her.

"The violent nature of the crime suggests a previous criminal record, petty crimes. Maybe auto theft." Continued Gideon. "We've classified him as an
organized killer- careful. Psychopathic as opposed to psychotic. Tessa."

"He follows the news, has good hygiene." Theresa paused once she felt everyone's eyes on her. "He's smart. 'Cause he's smart, the only physical evidence
you'll find is what he wants you to find."

Gideon always felt a sense of pride whenever she spoke in front of everyone. He knew that it took a lot out of her to speak up and say what she was thinking, even when someone addressed her.

"He's mobile, car in good condition. Our guess, Jeep Cherokee, tinted windows. The murders have all involved rapes. But rape without penetration
is a form of piquerism, and that tells us he's sexually inadequate."

Theresa made her way to stand back beside Derek, who had remained silent during this profiling, mainly because he knew less than Gideon and Theresa about their unsub.

His hand snaked around the girls waist, pulling her closer to him. His fingers tapped her hip as he leant down and rested his head upon hers. He found himself having to hold back a smile at how close she was allowing him to be.

Something about the girl was special. He always felt the need to protect her. He always wanted to keep her as close as possible and he hated if they weren't in the field together.

"Psychiatric evaluations will show a history of paranoia stemming from a childhood trauma-" Gideon paused for affect. "death of a parent or family member. And now he feels persecuted and watched."

Theresa closed her eyes momentarily, despite being engulfed in Derek's cologne, she felt like she could smell the basement that she was kept in.

Derek didn't miss the way that she flinched, causing him to gently sway them, he panicked that he was holding her too tightly, so he loosened his grip. Theresa felt more panicked when he let go, so she grabbed his arms and tightened his grip on her once again.

"Murder gives him a sense of power." Gideon continued to explain. "Organized killers have a
fascination with law enforcement. They will inject themselves into the investigation."

Reid noticed the way that Theresa was on edge, he made a mental note to talk to her later about what was wrong.

"They will even come forward as witnesses to see just how much the police really know. That makes them feel powerful, in control." Gideon looked around the room at everyone, before saying, "Which is why I also think - in fact, I know, you have
already interviewed him."