Unwavering - //Kyojuro Rengoku x Demon!Reader//

— — — —
@Yumiko Naoyasu on Quotev
— — — — — —
UNWAVERING
[Kyojuro Rengoku x Demon!Reader]
— —

It'd been about a year and a half.

A year and a half since you had been brutally attacked by him, Muzan Kibutsuji. The head of all the demonic brewing and human flesh-eating beings. It was difficult for you, considering you had beloved family, loving parents and two younger cousins who basically acted as your siblings. Having been ripped from that, there was a stain that couldn't be removed. Cloth that would forever be scorched.

As of current, having ran away from your home, you lived in a hospital-like place run by a kind, demon woman named Lady Tamayo, with her assistant Yushiro. Like them, you'd been able to keep your humanity and survive on only small amounts of human's blood that they got delivered for transfusions for their patients. You'd stumbled upon their place from hearing of it priorly, hoping they wouldn't find out you had become a demon, however...

Learning of their secret, they took you in, gave you a home and fed your hunger for the crimson liquid. She was a kind woman, and you owed everything to her, though Yushiro prevented you from getting too close to her. However, staying there at the moment, was a young Demon Slayer boy named Tanjiro, and his sister Nezuko. You hadn't seen them much, but they were both very soft individuals.

Prior to transforming into your current state, your father had been friends with the Demon Slayer Corps' flame hashira, Shinjuro Rengoku, so you have developed a bond with his son, Kyojuro. Ever since you were kids, about the age of eight, you'd been remarkably close, so you were there for him when he finally succeeded his father and took the title of hashira. You hadn't trained to become a Demon Slayer, however, so you had little to no idea what he'd been doing through.

Despite this, however, the two of you were friends up until the very end. When those ties had been abruptly severed, no matter how tightly your bloodied hands wanted to hang on.

Throughout the years you'd been living with Lady Tamayo, you'd been able to visit with him whenever he wasn't too caught up with work or sent out on missions, but you couldn't show your face at the mansion, or you'd most likely be executed on the spot. But watching him continue to smile, even though you could tell he was hurting... it delved a pit into your chest. It was agonizing, knowing you couldn't help him.

"(Miss/Mister/Mx) (Y/n)?" There was a soft voice cutting through your thoughts, somber and kind. "There's a visitor here to see you." You didn't have to turn around to see it was Tamayo speaking.

Sitting at your desk, there was a scroll of paper with ink bottles and brushes by your side. Staring blankly at the untainted paper, you clenched your brush and lowered your head, "Thank you. I'll be right out."

Hearing the sliding door and the shuffling footsteps of socks, you knew you were left alone. Putting down your brush and capping the vial of ink by your wrist, you heaved a breath and prepared yourself. You'd only gotten two visitors ever since you'd hidden out in Tamayo's hospital, both painful and relieving.

Since it was him.

Standing slowly, you faced your door with solemn eyes, awaiting to exit and meet with one of two people, both in whom you grew up with. Either Kyojuro, or his tsuguko.

When you and Kyojuro were about eighteen years old, when he had first become a hashira, he took in a young girl about the age of fourteen, named Shimekiri Kanashimi. He said her story was she had been training to become a Demon Slayer, when an accident happened with her Aunt and Uncle and she was forced to heave home, though he didn't say what happened to her parents. He said she couldn't handle the intensity of Flame Breathing, so she condensed it down and invented her own technique known as Contour Breathing.