*sneak peek of a new chapter*

"Okay, okay... inside joke, Marinette, sorry," Ashe snorted. "Let's see... never have I ever... fought some sort of bird, regardless of... whatever. Like, back when Amusement Mile wasn't a total Joker base, I had to fight off a seagull trying to take my corndog."

Damian - his parrot had refused to stop cursing out his... cow? Liliana's little brother had to have her chase after a pigeon that had flown off with his BLT sandwich. Ashe, corndog. Jon had... flown? Into a flock of geese migrating down to the South-

"He's training to be a pilot," Bart explained. "His plane and him remained unharmed, tho."

Jon nodded - for some reason, Marinette felt as if they were keeping something from her. It really wasn't her business, though, as much as she wanted to ask more. They all seemed so timid... almost like they forget who they're with.

"...nette! Marinette!" she was brought back to reality by Nova gently tapping her pajama-clad shoulder. Marinette shivered, before addressing the lilac-haired girl beside her. 

"Sorry... spaced out thinking about what Jon being attacked by angry, migrating geese would have been like," Marinette nervously grinned as Ashe cackled in the background. "Um-" she glanced to her side, where her 'I Have' sign laid upright in her hand.

The group eagerly (well, besides Liliana and Damian) waited her response.

"I- there was this pigeon-themed supervillain back in Paris-"

"Wait, like that Mr. Pigeon guy?!" Bart exclaimed, mouth already biting away at a chili dog he got from... somewhere. Marinette nodded. 

This caused some of them to laugh. "In Gotham, we got Penguin instead of Mr. Pigeon."

"Really? Well, uh, some of the pigeons flew into my class and... I think you all know the rest from the news," she awkwardly finished, not wanting to get too far into details that would have exposed her identity as Paris' Protector, Ladybug.

"Awesome... ahem... how about... never have I ever..."

The game went on for almost an hour. It was all just a huge smoothie blend of who kissed who, who ate something so gross and exotic that they got sick, who had a near-death experience, who got lost in the subway, who did you get into a fight with, all that jazz.

Marinette herself actually had a lot to say. She had to admit, she was enjoying herself in the first time in... a long time. No Hawkmoth, no Lila, no Alya, no suicidal tendencies or thoughts, no stress of working... it was like she was reliving her high school year, but the way she would have wanted to. 

(.t.b.c.)