If You're Too School For Cool

First day of school. First day of school. First day of school. 

Whoop - de - doo. 

Marinette was awoken to her phone alarm ringing right next to her ear, causing her to only hear that weird static buzz sound you randomly get for the next two minutes. Her mood however, was a blend of both 'I'm about to puke' combined with 'I can't fucking wait.'

She was a tad bit tired; she decided to risk sleeping in on the night before her first day at a new school to have a two hour facetime session with the MPS fam. Rather be late on the first day than having to sit through Lila's bullying. 

She slowly trudged out of her bedroom to the small kitchen table where Colette was still in her pajamas, sipping coffee while typing away on a laptop. She perked up at the sight of her niece, smiling in greeting. 

"Marinette! You're awake! That's good! I went out earlier and bought you some pastries while I was on my morning jog." 

Sure enough, there was a plastic bag with mooncakes, Danishes, sesame bagels and to go sized cream cheeses. In another bag, which Marinette guessed was her lunch, was a half a club sandwich. 

"Sorry about the lunch thing. There's some money on the counter in case you don't like the sandwich," Colette took another sip of coffee. "I also have some cereal and almond milk if you don't want the pastries." 

"No, no. This is great. Thanks, Auntie!" she beamed. 

Colette nodded, returning back to her work. 

"Excited?" Marinette took mid-spread of her cream cheese. Excited wasn't the right word. She felt more... anxious and ready to pee her pants at any moment. Excited was probably second to last on the list of words she felt. But it was there. Somewhere. Over the rainbow. 

"A little," Marinette began to quickly eat her bagel, just wanting to be alone in Colette's shitty yet functioning mold habitat of a shower so she had more personal time to think of how her stereotyped day was gonna play out.

Liliana would 'greet' her in the hallway, start making a scene, one of the Wayne's would come in to save her, she'd be standing there awkwardly while they threw money at her, all her teachers would think she couldn't understand English and try to explain things in English but ten times slower as if that helped her. 

It didn't.

She was fluent in English - alongside taking learning Chinese, she also learned English. Her accent was just the problem. Hopefully that wouldn't affect her today. Based on her encounters at the mall and her 'school tour,' she'd believe that the students at Gotham High were either crazy rich, snooty, bratty, or incredibly kind. 

Or bitches. 

With one last snarf, Marinette finished her bagel, rushing to the bathroom to get ready. Quick shower, encounter with roach, kill roach, brush teeth, dry hair, put on clothes. 

Apple blossom lined blouse, peachy vest, beige shorts with pink trim over grey leggings, and black flats. 

She fixed her hair into a down, wavy style, deciding not to tie it up like usual. 

"You ready?" Colette called from down the hall. During Marinette's shower, Colette also took the time to get ready. Gelled bun, khakis, pale blue halter top and open toed flats. Wine aunt style. 

*snaps fingers*

"Yup!" Marinette shoved the rest of her school stuff into her monogram backpack. Old binder, old pencil case, old folders, and school issued laptop she received after her weekend tour. Her phone in her back pocket, headphones coiled in her side vest pocket. Lunch in a cute Japanese - style blossom covered cloth bag. And right before she could forget... Damian's leather jacket was carefully placed in her backpack, taking up the most space.