Bahrenburgs Be Crazy

"I should warn you," Nova locked her car, tossing her keys into the side pocket of her camera bag. "My family is kind of nuts. Well, it's not 'kind of.' It's, just... nuts. You'll see." 

Nova's house was a three story detached house, sort of like your average suburban house you'd see in movies. At least three other cars were parked in the driveway, two of them being large minivans. Kid sized bicycles and Razor scooters lined the walkway, framing the garden beds of herbs and tomatoes.

"This is a really nice house." Marinette decided to start a conversation; the car ride had been pretty timid, both of them being shy as frick. Potted plants and cement plates with handprints decorated around the white door.

"Thanks," Nova knocked on the door. Playful shouts from children, bangs and crashes heard from behind the door. Marinette managed a small giggle, earning a side smile from Nova. "My sister and her kids are visiting... so there's a lot of little redheads running around."

"Gingers?" Marinette smirked. Nova sighed, knocking on the door, but harder.

"Her husband is a redhead. Oi, Umma! Sirius! Open the door!" she banged on the door. Nova leant against the side window framing the wooden door, waiting for someone to let the two in. Sure enough, a tall, muscular dude with wild shoulder length hair and a frizzy beard opened the door.

"Nope." he shut the door, causing Nova to get irritated. 

"SIRIUS! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" 

The door opened again, revealing Sirius laughing his ass off on the floor while a middle aged woman in white mom jeans smacked him with a red slipper. Nova rubbed her temples, walking in. She motioned for Marinette to come in, which she did.

"Hi Umma," Nova waved as she kicked off her ballet flats, scooting them to a larger pile of shoes. Marinette neatly removed hers, keeping them near the door. The woman who was beating Sirius with a slipper put it back on, wrapping Nova in a tight hug.

"Welcome home, Siyeong!" she let go of her daughter, turning to Marinette. "You must be Marinette! It's so nice to meet you!-

(I legit forgot the name of my own OC, so imma change it, lmao)

"-Moonbyul (@regalnotes) Bahrenburg. I'm Siyeong's (I don't even know if this is the correct definition for 'Nova,' I don't speak Korean) mother! Welcome to our home!" she shook Marinette's hand. 

"M-marinette Dupain-Cheng! I'm one of Nova, ur, Novus' classmates!" she stumbled with her words, just wanting to punch herself in the face right then and there. "Thanks for having me, Miss!" 

"No problem! You girls hungry? I can prepare-" Nova cleared her throat, obviously embarrassed at her mom's hospitality. 

"We actually have the project to work on-"

"Eat," Moonbyul held a slipper to Nova's neck, eyes narrowed behind her pair of thick reading glasses. Nova nodded, Marinette copying, smiling to herself. Moonbyul's attitude reminded her so much of her own mother's it kind of brought back memories of when Alya first met-

No. No, not now. Alya was in the past. 

She shook her head, clearing her thoughts. 

"Uh, r-right this way," Nova led Marinette to a large kitchen cluttered with dishes, food, artwork, photographs and star maps. Just like Nova told her, little redhead and brunette kids ran around, toys in hands, screaming and having fun.

To be a kid again would be... priceless. No worries, no stress, just running around and playing with dolls and cars. No Lila, no Alya, no Liliana, no scars on her wrists, no suicide attempts, no anxiety attacks, no crying herself to sleep, no-