Downtown, Chinatown

It had been around three days since Marinette arrived in Gotham City. To be honest, it was actually kind of cool. Colette had told her all about the company she worked at, Wayne Enterprises, which had so many different businesses, not even she could count. 

On Colette's day offs, they would head down to Chinatown, taking a look at all the authentic jewelry and foods they sold. Marinette had been quite anxious about going there the first time, after reading about all the crime. Luckily, the only crime they witnessed was a robbery, of which the police took care of. 

"So Marinette," Colette paused to take a bite out of her baozi. (steamed pork/meat bun)

"Hm?" Marinette looked up from her own baozi. 

"Do you want to take a quick look at your school? You still have two more days before school starts again here," she asked, mentally cursing at the lady who cut her off in the lane. Marinette paused to think about it.

It would be nice, considering the fact that she'll probably have no idea where the hell she would be going on her first day. 

"I- yes please. If that alright with you?" she murmured, smiling towards the end. 

"Of course it's all right with me, I asked!" Colette laughed, exiting the highway. Marinette also chuckled, still a little awkward. 

"Gotham High, huh?" Colette stopped at a redlight. Marinette nodded. 

"Hm. My boss' kids go there. The Wayne kids?" 

Marinette was flabbergasted. "Wait, wait, wait. Wayne, like Bruce Wayne?!" 

"Yeah? I told you, I work for Wayne Enterprises! Bruce Wayne is my boss!" 

Once again, Marinette was shooketh. Wouldn't kids from someone so economically powerful go to some rich kid school? Well then again, Adrien's bitchy father was epically famous, as was he, yet he still went to a basic high school. As did Chloe, the daughter of Audrey and Andre Bourgeois, a fashion designer and the mayor of fucking Paris. 

But these were the Wayne's Colette was talking about. 

Children of a billionaire playboy whose name is known in every single continent and country. Or that was just Marinette exaggerating. Colette, being the observant wine aunt she was, laughed once more at her niece. 

"You're wondering why they go to a normal public school, hm?" she smirked. Marinette turned pink. 

"N-not necessarily! I was kind of confused..." she stuttered. Colette turned around a corner. 

"Those kids are the definition of a human tornado," Colette held back a laugh. "They come into the office all hyped up, bringing everyone coffee's and creating chaos." 

"Chaos?" 

"They fight a lot. Specifically... I think it's Tim and Damian?" 

"O-oh..." Marinette said. Hm. So the reason they go to a public school is because they're too rowdy for a private, prep school/academy. Good to know. Colette nodded. 

"Anyways, we're here!" she announced. 

~

"Hi! I'm Colette Cheng! I'm here with my niece Marinette! She's enrolled here, and we wanted to know if we could get a tour of the school real quick?" Colette asked the desk secretary. Marinette awkwardly smiled at the lady, quickly averting her eyes to a poster on the right wall of the office. 

'Gotham High Titans'

(Quick note: The GH Titans are originally a football team, but I'm making them a soccer team because- I want to. My fic, my rules-)