Weekend With The Waynes

"Hey Marinette, you happens to be free dis weekend?" Ashe murmured, using a hand to hide the mashed up food in her mouth. "I should be." Marinette responded, blankly watching as Liliana crouched over some sort of important looking document.

'I wonder what that is...' "So, do you want to have a sleepover or somethin'? We can work on the project and play video games and shit. My sibs are gonna be there, but that won't be a problem, right?"

"That... that would be great! I could check with my aunt!" 

"Sweet! She's.... what's her name... Colette? Colette Cheng?"

"That's her." 

Ashe's face brightened. "Woah! Your aunt is the literal best. Strict, addicted to coffee, but the best. I can ask her myself if you want! She's my dad's... secretary- uh... I forgot what she was. But I can ask since I'm heading to Prises after school today."

"That would be great! But, uh, what's 'Prises?'"

"Oh!" Ashe set down her salad. "That's just what I call Wayne Enterprises. It's simpler," she answered, popping the 'p' in simpler.

"Oh. That was..." Marinette laughed. 

"Yeah..." Ashe returned to eating her salad. Having no one else to talk to (Jon, Bart and Colin were mingling with the soccer team, Nova was having lunch with the yearbook club in the computer lab, Damian was... who knows where, and Ashe was scrolling through her phone while coughing on a piece of lettuce from her salad.

Sighing deeply, her blue eyes looked around the room, searching for something interesting. 

Liliana's group of cheerleaders sat at a table way in the back, either gossiping or watching some of the other cheerleaders mooch up their jock boyfriends. In another corner, kids were launching shaken bottles of Coke and Mentos around, surprisingly only drenching themselves and the table full of smart kids with the soda - mint explosion.

Nothing interesting.

Blowing a strand of hair out of her face with a large huff, she laid her head in her arms, shutting her eyes. A little nap...

-

"A sleepover? That would be perfect! Of course you can go. I have my book club coming over on Saturday anyways. And then I have a cocktail party with my wine club- uh, go ahead. Um... Mr. Wayne knows about this, right?"

"Ashe said he doesn't mind as long as we, can I cuss real quick?" 

"Child, this is Gotham. This isn't your parent's house. Say 'fuck,' say 'shit,' I don't care. Just don't tell your mom."

"R-right. 'As long as we don't fuck something up or start a sibling war.'"

"Ah, the infamous Wayne sibling war. Wouldn't want to start one of those. Once happened in the Wayne Tech building and half the cubicle unit had to be rebuilt." 

"Woah."

"Woah, indeed," Colette strolled to the kitchen, opening the fridge. 

"Make sure you snag a good alcohol from there."

"Wouldn't that-"

"Tell Ashe I sent you."

"Okay...?" 

"Kidding. Need me to drop you off or whatever?" 

-

"WEL-come to Casa Wayne! Wayne Manor! House of Wayne! Wayne Mansion! Bruce Wayne's house! Urh- welcome!" Ashe listed. "Woah..." Marinette whispered. This place looked cooler in person. 

(I'm going off of what Wayne Manor looks like in Batman, Vol.3, #42. Search it up.) 

Symmetrical windows lined the pale, dull complexion of the manor. One part of it looked somewhat like a castle, though, not exactly. Trees, bare, because of the autumn season. The house looked eerie, a little scary.

It would've been the perfect place to film a horror movie. 

Or, it would've, had it not been for the group of what Marinette could assume, was her large sibling squad. Memories of seeing them all on the news made it easier for Marinette to, thankfully, remember their names. MOST, of their names. 

One of the easier ones to recognize was Jason Todd. With that white streak in his hair and his reigning appearance, it didn't take a genius to tell the difference between him and his older raven haired sibs.

The next was Stephanie Brown, who had a shocking appearance to Chloe. Again, easy. 

They appeared to be in a big game of rugby, tackling and scraping each other against the muddy lawn. Except instead of playing with the actual rugby ball, they spent more time wrestling with one another. Was this what Colette had warned her about?

"HEY! WE'RE BACK!" Ashe hollered over the shouts and curses from her brothers and sisters.

"Ashe! Oh! This must be Marinette!" mud clung to ends of his long hair (Long hair/mullet Dick Grayson, best Dick Grayson. Let my point be heard.) coating the midnight strands with its 'earthly minerals.' 

"Richard Grayson. But, you can just call me 'Dick.' Or Richie."

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng. It is... really nice to meet," her eyes scanned the pile of Wayne kids 'tearing' at each others throats. "To meet all of you." 

Dick warmly smiled. "Nova and the others are already inside with Damian. Have fun!"

-

So, this was happening. 

The room, Ashe's, to be specific, had an awkward silence to it. Sitting on a beanbag chair was Liliana, who, actually looked... normal for once. Just normal auburn-brown hair in a loose ponytail, black t-shirt and grey and purple sweatpants. 

As soon as Marinette walked in, Liliana choked on her soda, glaring intensely at her. That led her to get up, clear her throat, and sink into Ashe's beanbag chair pile while everyone else threw around Skittles and played Mario Kart. 

"Goddammit, Jon," Bart cussed. Jon's blue turtle shell had hit Bart, allowing Jon's Toad to pass by, taking the spot of first. 

Meanwhile, Damian lingered in and out of the room, either to give some more notes about the project or to talk to Liliana, Nova, or Ashe. Surprisingly, Liliana seemed to be a lot more... chill. Calm? Less...pink?

In the dark corner of Ashe's room, Marinette could just barely make out the small tinge of light reflecting off of Liliana's glasses from her phone. Strange... not because she was wearing glasses. But at how she was acting... again with the stereotyping. 

"Hey Marinette! We're gonna watch a movie! You wanna choose?" Colin handed her the remote. 

"Oh! Thanks, Colin." her eyes went from the TV screen to Liliana. 

Something wasn't sitting right with her... oh well. 

(Lazy chapter, just wanted to write a sleepover chapter with Marinette meeting the Batfam. New chapter should be out by October 17th at the least. Hope you enjoyed.)