Crossing Fate at the Emerald Forest Pt 1

It was morning, everyone was waking up, got breakfast and when to the locker rooms to get ready for the initiation. Y/N and Jin were in the combat cloth and grabbing their weapons. Meanwhile Ruby and her sister Yang were gearing up a few feet from me and Jin.

Yang: Hey Ruby I was wondering who was that white haired guy you were talking to yesterday?

Ruby: Oh you mean Y/N. Why do you ask?

Yang: Well remember Ruby your not the only going through initiation. If you want grow up you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: Ugh you sound like dad. First I what does meeting people have to do with fighting. And second I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk.

Yang: But what about when we form teams.

Ruby: I-I dunno. I'll just be on your team.

Yang: Maybe you should try being on someone else's team. Like Y/n's team.

Ruby: (blushing) Uh Well...Maybe. 

Yang: See, I can tell Y/N look a pretty cool guy. You two could make an awesome team.

Ruby: (blushing) Y-Yeah I guess.

Timeskip

All the new students were standing on platforms on a cliff side overlooking the emerald forest. Ozpin was pacing in front of everyone. Y/N was next to Jin and Yang.

Ozpin: For years you have trained to become warriors, and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone whom you can work well. That being said, The first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Y/N:(thoughts angrily)What?!! So I'm gonna be stuck with whoever I see!!!

Ozpin: After you have partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die. You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately.

After listening to his instructions the initiation started. All the platforms sling shot all of us into the emerald forest. Y/N was soaring in the air and was having fun doing it.

Y/N: Wooo, Hell yeah!

When he was falling closer to the ground he using his landing strategy. He unsheathed bloodscythe from his back and then used it to stab a near by tree. The removed his weapon from the tree and a front flip landing perfectly on ground with bloodscythe in his hand.

Then almost instant Y/N landing he was surrounded by beowolves. The pack of grim draw closer to Y/N ready to attack.

Y/N: (smiling) Heh Nice of you to show up. Spared me the time of hunting you down.

One beowolf pounce at him only for Y/N to slice it's head clean off with his bloodscythe. The body of headless grim then dropped to the ground.

Y/N: (smiling) Next