Chapter 6 - Revenge is a dish best served cold.

She just laid there and sobbed, hugging her pillow to her chest with makeup streaking down her face. She couldn't believe she had fallen for it. She really thought Axel liked her. He had been so convincing. That kiss that she had thought was so perfect and magical now made her feel so stupid. Thinking about it just made her cry that much harder.

On Monday Emma went to school but she kept her head down and avoided people. She managed to not look at Axel a single time during science class. She knew if she did she would break down crying and the last thing she wanted to do was give him the satisfaction in knowing that he had broken her heart.

At lunch she plopped down in the seat next to Stella.  

"Hey girl. How are you holding up?" she asked softly.

Emma groaned, laying her head down on the table.

"That good huh?" Stella laughed. 

"I'm not holding up at all. I've never hated someone so much in my life," she said with a deep exhale. "And you know how horrible my Dad and brother are so saying I hate someone more than them is a big deal. I can't believe I thought he really liked me Stella. What the hell was I thinking? How could I fall into his trap so easy like that? I feel like such an idiot," she said, exhaling with frustration.

"Oh girl. Don't beat yourself up over it too much," Stella said, rubbing her arm to console her. "It's Axel Hart we're talking about here. Any woman could've fallen for his charms. He's a hard one to resist."

"Yeah, well I can promise you one thing. I'm NEVER going to fall for it again. Axel Hart is the spawn of Satan," she said clenching her jaw, and gritting her teeth, feeling pained even saying his name.

"So, what are we gonna do about it?" Stella asked.

Emma shook her head. "No. I'm done getting revenge on him. That would just keep this whole feud going and I can't take it anymore. I just want to move on with my life and forget that asshole even exists."

"Oh hell no Em! You can't just let him get away with this! What he did to you was cruel and brutal. He humiliated you! He broke your heart. If you stop now he wins."

"I guess he wins then because I'm done with trying to beat him. I'm tired of fighting Stella," she said, hanging her head and feeling her eyes starting to burn with tears again. She had cried way too many times this weekend and she was surprised she even had any tears left. "All I end up doing with this stupid feud is hurting myself."

Stella reached over and put her hand on her arm and looked into her watery eyes. "C'mon Em. We can't let him do this to you and do nothing about it. Please, fight ........ for me?" she asked sweetly in her soft voice with her puppy dog eyes she always used when she begged. She knew that always made Emma cave.

"Ugh," Emma groaned. "I hate how convincing you can be when you really want something."

"Oh you know you love me," she teased. "Does that mean you're in?" 

Emma rolled her eyes and exhaled. "Yes," she said reluctantly. "I'm in." 

"Yay!" Stella squealed, clapping her hands with excitement. "Now let's start plotting our revenge," she said, rubbing her hands together and getting a devilish smirk on her face, the one she always got when she was hatching an evil plan. "This can't be another one of the lame kinds of revenge we've been doing so far. No.  After what he pulled with the Prom and breaking your heart, we have to go ALL out. He planned that one for over a month. We're pulling out the big guns this time."

"Okay, but this is the last time! No more revenge after this. I'm done so you better make it good."

"Oh it'll be more than good. It's going to be epic this time," Stella said with an evil laugh. Emma didn't like the sound of that. It made her nervous. Stella was known to take things way too far sometimes.