The Raid, Careful

Tucker had been with Karl at the markets when the screaming and panic began

Tucker had been with Karl at the markets when the screaming and panic began. He wasn't sure what to do when people started scrambling, then the fires had started. The boy hadn't even realized he was crying.

He looked up at Karl who held a slightly worried look as everyone in the market grew silent.

"Shh Tuck it's okay." He muttered, kneeling down to the kid while frantically glancing around at the others in what was really just some shops bunched together.

He locked eyes with a leather worker to the left of him and saw the man give a glance down at Tucker. He looked like he was in thought for a second before he quietly motioned for them to come over.

Once there Tuck was abruptly shoved into a closet, as the door thumped shut behind him he let out a scared whimper.

"Shhh, it's okay, daddy said we're playing hide and seek." He heard a small voice call and looked towards it. Sitting in the back of the closet behind tunics, pants and sheets of leather was a small girl with pigtails about two years younger than him.

He let out a small breath of relief about not being stuck in here alone before he walked over and sat next to her.

He wasn't sure how long they had been in there while he tried to distract himself and the younger girl, the last thing they needed to focus on was the loud commotion coming from outside.

They both jumped when the door swung open, there was a man standing there, his face covered in dye. His eyes landed first on Tucker before glancing behind him and then he was saying something in a language they couldn't understand. Tucker instinctively pushed the girl behind him to the very back of the closet just as the man turned back to reach out and grab her by the shirt. Tucker looked at her, watching the girls eyes widen with fear when suddenly he remembered something.

He reached into his pocket and pulled his flint knife from its holster, without hesitation he launched himself at the man.

His eyes widened as Tucker collided with him, moving his knife in slashing motions.

He'd managed to cut up the guys face pretty good before he was thrown off to the side and hit the floor.

"Tuck!" He heard Karl grunt with a struggle and he looked up to take in his surroundings.

There had only been about seven other people here besides he and Karl and they almost all were currently being held down or restrained against a wall, but a few had disappeared. He couldn't see the leather worker anymore. He looked back at the man taking the girl from the closet, glaring at him before suddenly the guy was impaled with an arrow.