Prologue Harpy

A normal day in the woods. A harpy collecting herbs, birds chirping and flying, some carnivorous plant eating a poor deer, some adventures hiking and more. Luckily harpies have sharp senses so they could flee before the adventures reach him.

Usually harpies should be keen on making potions since harpy magic is easy to go haywire. M/n does not invest on potions since they don't settle down, it would only be something heavy to carry at some point but other than that there is not so many options to preform magic. Only the elderly has access to magic crystals. So studying magic for young ones is out of question.(unless you don't care about your safety) Of course that is if you don't have some freaky looking carriage standing infront of you.

'This reeks out magical energy, but in a forest.. like this. This place is too too far away for a reason any carriages like this would need to be here' m/n thought to themselves. Which was not wrong but not exactly true. That carriage, an ebony carriage must complete its duty and bring the student to the campus grounds no matter what.

Of course with magical energy that the ebony carriage releases it is impossible to not to notice. Especially in a forest which doesn't use powerful magic unless you are near a cave full of monsters. The elderly, who uses magic, have already noticed the ebony carriage far away. It wasn't hard for them to guess who was chosen.

Especially not when watching that kid who uses their magic remarkably good. It wasn't unordinary to use magic without a crystal it was a sign of strong and powerful magic and they are also not easy to find if you are not a human so it leaves no choice. m/n a harpy who has a strange interest for magic. Usally harpies wouldn't try to use other magic kinds then air type but with the plot I mean the power that m/n has they even learned to use their unique magic. Which he definitely regretted since it was hard to control without an crystal. That's why he chose the name 'Call of the Wind' since they wouldn't say that on a regular basis.

Back to the story harpies are curios beings and with vibes that carriage gave off there was no way he wouldn't touch it. Such an opportunity going to waste. Yeah stupid decision since M/n passed out after stepping one step forward towards the carriage.

It's short yes but it was a proulge don't worry there will be more chapters with more words... Hopefully.