Chapter 10

Lily POV

We lay on the couch together in our common room, I feel his hands playing with my hair.

"James?" I ask.

"Yes, Lils?" He says.

"What was it like for you growing up in the wizarding world? Like what did you do growing up? How was your childhood?" I ask.

"Well, did a lot of flying, helped my parents with things around the house on occasion. Being an only child I was kinda spoiled." He says. "Honestly didn't have many too many friends growing up. Marlene and her family came over a little, but I wasn't really around kids in general until I came here, and well, you know how my time at Hogwarts have been."

"Being a little troublemaker while chasing after the girl of your dreams." I say, looking up at him.

"Yes. And I still can't believe I got her." He says.

"Well, believe it." I say.

He has a warm smile on his face, his eyes sparkling. I feel his hand caress my face, and I feel myself rising.

Next think I know, I feel his lips on mine. They're soft, I feel a warm sensation come over my body. We break apart and I just stare at him, speachless.

James POV

"I, a, ummmm." I say. I just kissed Lily Evans! My girlfriend Lily Evans! "I'm so-" She places a finger on my lips.

"Shut up and kiss me again." She says. I lean down again, and our lips meet once more. I can feel my heart racing, fireworks going off in my head.

"Get a room!" yells a very unmistakable voice from behind us, causing us to rapidly separate. I turn to see Sirius leading Marlene, Remus, and Peter into our head common room. Before I can do anything Lily is on her feet, her face as red as her hair.

"GET A ROOM! GET A ROOM!!!!" She yells, I can see a slight hint of fear in Sirius' eyes, meanwhile Marlene is trying her hardest not to laugh and Peter is cowering behind Remus. "YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO COME INTO OUR COMMON ROOM AND YELL AT US!!!!! I SHOULD HEX YOU THROUGH THE DOOR AND LOCK YOU OUT!!! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I CAUGHT YOU AND MARLENE SNOGGING IN THE HALLS!! YET IT'S ALL BAD THAT I KISS MY BOYFRIEND IN OUR COMMON ROOM!!!!!!!" Sirius turns to the others, then back to Lily as she is advancing towards him.

"We'll leave you two for a little bit." He says, backing away towards the door.

"Sounds good." Lily says, still huffing. We watched them walk out, and Lily came back to sit with me on the couch. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to round so hard on him. I know he's one of your best friends, I"

"It's ok Lils." I say, putting a finger over her mouth. "He was being a pratt, it's ok. He deserved it." She nods her head.

"I just don't want to force you into choosing them or me." She says.

"Lily." I say, pushing her head to look up to me. Tears had begun to fill her beautiful green eyes and I felt my heart sink. "Yes, my friends mean a great deal to me, but I will never abandon you, I will never let any harm come to you. I truely, deeply, love you." Our lips meet, I can feel her melting into me.

"I know this seems kinda fast, but I love you too." She says and my jaw almost hits her head. "Seeing you supporting your friends, stepping in to stop the death eater wanna be's from bullying people, it all made me see the real side of you. I never really hated you, was just upset how you guys treated Snape, before, well..." She begins to tear up.

"Don't cry, he's not worth the tears." I tell her, wiping away her tears. I lean down and kiss her again. When we pull apart I look at my watch. "I know it's kinda early, but I'm gonna head for bed, I have some, ummm, things I have to help the guys with tomorrow night." She frowns slightly, but nods.

"One condition." She says.

"What?" I ask.

"You carry me to bed." She says, batting her eyes.

"You think batting your eyes at me will get your way?" I say, a large smile on my face.

"Yes, yes I do." She says.

"You're absolutely, correct." I say, laughing as I pick her up with one sudden motion, causing her to grab onto me. We laugh as I carry her into her bedroom, and somewhat gently, place her on her bed. As I go to straighten up she grabs me by the collar of my shirt and pulls me down.

"You're not leaving until I get a goodnight kiss." She whispers in my ear. She pulls me harder, our lips meeting and we just kiss. I have no clue how long we kiss, but she gently lets go and pushes me away slightly.

"That's enough for tonight." She says. "Goodnight James." She says with a devilish grin.

"Goodnight Lily." I say, standing up straight and I head into my bedroom.

Lily POV

I smile to myself as I go through my bedtime routine, getting changed, taking care of my hair and teeth, then get settled into bed. I close my eyes as I think about the events of today, a big smile on my face, my mind drifting off thinking about the person in the room across the hall.

Suddenly I'm no longer in my dorm, I'm standing outside a house. I look at my hands, a gorgeous diamond ring shines on my left hand, but my right hand is covered in blood. I walk up to the house, noticing the front door is blown open. I reach into my pocket for my wand, but it's not there. I slowly enter the house, carefull as to make as little sound as I can. I peek around a doorframe into what I believe is the living room and I stop in my tracks. There are multiple pairs of feet laying motionless on the floor. I take a deap breath, then enter the room.

Laying on the floor are my parent's, my sister, James, Remus, Sirius, Peter, and all my friends, just motionless, staring blanking at the ceiling. I look at them all, waiting for someone to move, to blink, to do something. Then it hits me, and I scream and start crying.

James POV

I'm in the middle of a dream about flying around Hogwarts when I hear a scream from across the hall. I jump out of bed, grabbing my glasses and wand, and I sprint out of my room and burst through her door.

I find Lily laying in her bed, her arms waving in front of her, tears flowing down her face. I rush to her bedside and start shaking her. Her eyes fling open and she looks at me.

"Oh, J-j-j-j-james." She says as she continues to cry.

"It's just a dream." I tell her as I sit next to her.

"You all were dead." She says, pulling me into bed next to her, snuggling into my chest. "You, and my friends, and your friends, and my family. All dead."

"We're not dead, we're all here." I tell her, rubbing her arm. I kiss her on her forehead and wipe away her tears. We lay together, wrapped in each others arms. Once she's has stopped crying I start to get up, but she pulls me back down.

"Can you sleep with me tonight?" She asks, her eyes still bloodshot from crying.

"I will, just give me three seconds." I say. She nods and I get up. I close both our doors, then set my glasses and wand next to her alarm clock. As soon as I get under the covers she latches onto my. I kiss her on the forehead and rub her back until we both fall asleep.