Chapter 26

"No, you boys have to wait." Marlene said closing the bedroom door on James and Sirius.

"And go get ready yourselves." Lily yelled out, smiling.

"Alrighty, you got everything?" Marlene asked after locking the door.

"Yeah, got it all." Lily said as she tossed her bag on the bed.

"Awesome, let's make the boys jaws drop." Marlene said making Lily laugh. Lily opened up her bag and began pulling things out of her bag.

Down the hall, James and Sirius were also beginning to get ready.

"Who's supposed to come?" Sirius asked as he played with his hair in the mirror that was on James' writing desk.

"I didn't see the guess list, but probably the normal invites." James said, laying his suit out on his bed. James looked up and saw Sirius bow his head. "Hey, they won't do anything. And you're my brother." James pulled Sirius into a hug.

"I know." Sirius said, slightly choked up. "Just wish you had better hair." James pushed Sirius away, unable to stop from laughing as he did so.

"Pratt." James said as Sirius rolled around with laughter. "Come on, get set."

James and Sirius got changed into their suits quickly, and despite trying, James couldn't tame his hair. They gave themselves one final look, then headed back down the hall to wait for the girls outside their room.

Inside, Lily and Marlene were finishing up their hair and makeup, already having got their dresses on.

"Are you sure about this?" Lily asked apprehensively, looking at how Marlene had done up her hair. Marlene had began braids above both of Lily's ears that wrapped around to the back of her head, then continued in one braid down her back.

"Lily trust me, James will keel over when he sees you." Marlene said as she finished with her eye liner. "Ready?"

"Ready." Lily said, slipping on the shoes she got from James' father.

"Ok, just let me get my shoes on, then you can open the door for the boys." Marlene said, grabbing her shoes that James' father had also gifted her. "No doubt that they're waiting patiently outside."

"Waiting yes, patiently, no." Lily said, laughing as she headed to the door. "Set?"

"Go ahead." Marlene said, standing up and walking towards Lily.

"You boys out there?" Lily asked after she opened the door a tad.

"No." came Sirius voice from the other side of the door, folliwed by a light thud.

"Yes we are." James said. "Can we see you guys now?"

"I don't know, should we let them?" Lily asked Marlene.

"Lily Evans, you evil woman." Marlene said, unable to stop herself from laughing.

"Please." Sirius begged.

"Fine." Lily said playfully. "But turn around and close your eyes. No peaking."

"Alright." James said, then after a moment, "We're ready." Lily opened the door and saw the backsides of James and Sirius. Lily shuffled to stand behind James, while Marlene did the same to position herself behind Sirius. Lily and Marlene nodded to each other, then reached out to place a hand on their boyfriends shoulder.

James turned around and had to make a concious effert to keep his jaw from dropping. Lily stood there in a long, red dress with a flat chest line and a small slit along her right leg. She had on a dark red lipstick, and a little bit of black eyeliner, and her heals gave her a little more height, although she was still shorter than James.