Chapter 16

Lily POV

"You guys excited to go shopping!!!" Mary asked excitedly.

"Mary, Madam Pomfrey told you take take it easy." I told her, unable to keep a smile off my face.

"I know, but I feel fine and we get to pick out our costumes." Mary said, her smile even larger than mine.

"Well, have you chosen who you will be?" I asked.

"Cleopatra." Marlene said, and I nodded thinking how fitting it was. Almost the whole school thought Marlene was the best looking one in the school. And, Marlene was always so comfortable with her body, putting on whatever she damn pleased, and who cares what others think or say.

"Find that kinda fitting." I say.

"You do?" Marlene said, raising an eyebrow.

"She was supposedly the most beautiful woman in the ancient world, was able to get men to do her bidding, and didn't give a damn what people thought of her, so she sounds pretty similar to you." I said, and we all laughed.

"Ok Ms.Muggle Historian, what will you be?" Marlene asked.

"I haven't been able to really decide what I want to do." I said. "I was debating about being one of the girls from ABBA, but then I also have thought about maybe doing Heart."

"Music theme, alright." Marlene said. A knock on the door distracted us.

"You girls gonna come to breakfast or just sit in there all day." Sirius said, and we were able to make out someone snickering as well.

"Wait five more minutes!" I said.

James POV

"Didn't they say five minutes?" I ask, looking up at the clock.

"Let's go get them." Sirius said. The four of us got up and headed to Lily's dorm. Before I could knock on the door, Sirius grabbed the door handle and opened it.

"We said to wait!" Marlene said, a slight hint of anger in her voice.

"I DID MY WAITING!!! 12 MINUTES, IN THAT COMFY CHAIR BY THE WINDOW!!!!" Sirius yelled. There was silence for a moment, then we all broke out laughing.

"Merlin, you are such a bloody child." Lily said.

"I'm hungry." Sirius said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright, let's get you fed." Marlene said, making it sound like she was talking to a four year old. We all laugh and joked as we make our way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

We joined Alice and Frank at the Gryffindor table, and quickly plated our breakfast.

"So, shopping first?" Lily asked.

"Suppose so." I said. "We can pick out our costumes first, then do the normal shops."

"Ok, but I don't want you seeing what I get. I want it to be a surprise." Lily said.

"Girls shopping trip?" Alice said.

"Yup." I said, and all the girls got excited.

"What are we waiting for, let's go." Mary said, jumping up, grabbing Marlene, Alice, and Lily. We chuckled as Mary dragged them from the hall as Remus, Peter, Sirius, Frank, and I followed at a little slower pace.

The girls picked a pair of carriages for our group was too big for a single carriage. Lily, Marlene, Sirius, and I took one, Mary, Remus, Alice, Frank, and Peter took the other.

"You know what James." Sirius said after we began moving.

"What Pads?" I asked.

"It's almost time to start planning." Sirius said, a large grin on his face.