Chapter 37

February soon turned to March, but there was still no update on Lily's parents. Lily tried her best to keep her mind busy, but she in the moments she spent by herself all she could think about was her parents suffering.

The moments she spent by herself were increasing as James was busy running quidditch practices as their second game of the season was rapidly approaching. Outside of class, meals, and their patrols, Lily only got to see James a little bit before they both went to bed.

It was during lunch when James and Lily were sitting together when a letter drifted in front of James.

"Dumbledoor?" Lily asked as she ate.

"Yeah." James said, opening it up. "We have another lesson tonight, meeting at Flitwick's classroom at 8, I'll have to cancel quidditch practice."

"Finally." Lily muttered under her breath.

"What?" James asked, surprised.

"We've barely had any time for each other." Lily said. "You're running a practice almost every night, then our head duties, plus all of our school work."

"I know." James said. "I promise the amount of practice's will change, but I want to make sure everything is all right before the game."

"You can only sharpen a point so much." Lily said.

"Lily, I know." James replied. "I only have been running all these practice's because of the holiday break." Lily just nodded, she didn't want to start a fight at the moment, especially in public. She knew how much James loved quidditch, and he had been doing a lot for her in the moments they were spending together, but she just wished they had more time together.

"I don't want to sound selfish, I just miss us doing the little things we would do." Lily said.

"I'm trying." James said.

"I know, I'm sorry, I'm just taking out some anger on you." Lily said, a few tears beginning to form in her eyes. "I just want my parents back."

"Lily, we're gonna get them back." James said, grabbing her hands.

"How do you know?" She asked, fighting back the tears.

"Because he's using them to get to you." James said. "He has something planned, otherwise he would've just killed them instead of abducting them."

Lily just nodded her head, knowing James was right, but hoping that Dumbledoor would somehow rescue them before Voldemort's big plan.

"Come on, let's head off to class." James said, getting up. Lily nodded and stood up, following James to their afternoon classes, but her mind the entire time was preoccupied with her parents again.

After dinner Lily and James joined the rest of their friends in Dumbledoor's office for the nights lesson.

"Good evening everyone, our guest tonight will be here in a moment." Dumbledoor said as he entered the room with Professor Mcgonagall right behind him.

"What are we doing tonight?" Frank asked.

"We are going to do more dueling work." Dumbledoor said. "I know you all have spent plenty of time in the dueling clubs, as well as dueling outside of the clubs," The Marauders trying to suppress their grins as Dumbledoor gave them a wink. "but it is still something very important skill and practicing as much against each other is important."

Suddenly, Mad-Eye Moody burst through the door, Dumbledoor's relaxed face turned to one reading Mad-Eye's expression.

"We have their location, we need to move quickly." Mad-Eye'said urgently.