Chapter 6: She is the karma

L I S A

I woke up because of my alarm. I'm expecting Irene unnie to be by my side since she slept here last night but there's no trace of her in my room.

Shrugging it off, I stretched my arms and get off the bed only to stumble on the floor.

"Eh?" My legs feel wobbly. The moment I step foot on the floor, it trembles.

I stand up carefully and go to the bathroom to take a bath, but I'm really confused why I'm feeling weak and tired, it's given the way how I'm struggling to walk since it's really trembling.

After I'm done dressing up, I started cooking eggs and ramen. Thankfully, the wobbling of my legs goes off.

As I'm waiting for the water to boil, I can't help but think of what Irene unnie said and did last night.

I'm really dead once someone finds out about it. Why is she even persistent? Maybe she finds it challenging to have an affair with her stepsister or she just really enjoys messing with me.

Ugh! I still can't believe that my very own halfsister stole my 'first times'. I wonder what first times she's going to take soon - no! What am I thinking? I won't let her steal any first times from me again!

///

It's weekend. Yup, time flies so fast. Irene unnie didn't show up again after that sleepover. Was I moving around or hitting her a lot while we're sleeping that she decided not to talk to me again?

That's fine, it's better this way. I can't take her weird personality anyways, especially they're kind of... Crossing the line.

I'm going out today to buy school supplies because next week is the start of the school year. I still have enough money to spend until I get my first salary from my jobs so I'll be fine, I guess. And! I received a text from SNU yesterday telling me that I passed the scholarship program test so I'm really happy because I'm going to study at my dream university. I will surely treat myself today.

"Lisa! You going out? I was about to ask you to hang out with me and my friends," Rosé approached me when she saw me walking outside.

"Yeah, I'm going to buy school supplies today." I said and put my hands inside my hoodie pocket.

"We can do it together, come on! I wanna introduce you to my friends." She said and clings to my arm.

I scratch my nape and look away. "I'm... Not really in the good mood today, Rosé. I want to walk around by myself." I lied. I just don't want to embarrass her to her friends by introducing a poor friend like me. Besides, I might just receive hurtful words there so it's better to avoid those from happening while I still can.

She pouted. "Is that so? How about tomorrow?"

"It's Sunday, I will sleep the whole day because next week is work week again for me,"

"Next time?"

"I'll see if I can." I said and smile at her. "Sorry sis." I said since I know she loves it whenever I'm calling her sis or sister.

"Okay!" She smiles. See? I'll surely use that 'sister' card whenever I want her to do something. Kekeke. "Let me just drop you off to your destination," she said and I was about to say something when she cuts me off, "And no saying no." She added and started dragging me towards her car.

Since I feel really bad for rejecting her, I just let her drop me off at the mall before bidding her goodbye because she will meet her friends today.

I immediately went to the school supplies section and get what I think I needed like different shades of pencil, different sizes and kinds of rulers, different types of papers, and other things that I think will be useful.