Chapter 44: Reinforcement

The silence of the grand hall was suddenly torn apart when multiple clicking of heels echoed through the room.

Everybody looks at the huge door where a bunch of people arrived.

Familiar people.

"I definitely don't agree with this." The woman in the middle said as she stood confidently while looking at the new Queen on the throne.

Jennie chuckled as she looks at her amusedly. "And who are you to disagree?"

The woman crossed her arms against her chest.

"The Princess of Japan."

Jennie once again chuckled mockingly. "Exactly! You're the Princess of Japan, Mina. This is not Japan and I am your Queen."

"Well, we're having a misunderstanding here." Mina said and look at the man who's in charged of the underworld rules. "There's still a household member of Irene who's opposing the coronation... And I am her backer."

Jennie leaned back at the throne, crossing her legs. "Seulgi won't fight. I earned this throne fairly."

Mina chuckled. "Fairly." She scoffs. "Anyways, Seulgi is not the member that I'm talking about."

Jennie looks at Joy and Yeri's dead bodies then to Wendy that is on Seulgi's lap. The boys were on her side and she's the only member of Irene that is left so who could it be?

A woman then show herself that has been behind Mina all along.

"It's me."

Jennie sat up properly, not believing what she's thinking right now.

"You're not a member of Irene's household." She said, now scared at the idea that's building in her mind.

"Unlucky for you," Rosé then brought up a scroll. "I am." She said as she showed Jennie the contract. "And I came here with..." She then look at Mina. "Reinforcement."

Jennie stood up, slamming the armrest of the throne. "This can't be!" She shouted frustratingly.

The rules speaker then walk towards Rosé to scan the contract and it's indeed real with Irene's thumb mark using her blood and Irene's signature.

He then faced the awaiting mafias who are all looking at him expectantly to say what's gonna happen next.

"With Miss Park Chaeyoung showing up as Miss Irene Bae's member and opposing the passing of the throne to Jennie Kim with Miss Myoui Mina as her backer. The throne then... Does not belong to Jennie Kim anymore."

"WHAT?!" Jennie was sure mad. She already did a lot and she won't get what she wants?

"Then who's going to be the new Queen? We need someone to sit on the throne." A mafia leader asked the rules speaker.

Rosé took a step forward, facing them. "The Queen left orders before all of these happened."

It caught everyone's attention. They want to hear those orders.

Mina flicks her fingers and Momo came handing her a brief case. Mina opened it and Rosé took the paper inside.

"This is her orders as a Queen. Can you read it for them?" Rosé asked the rules speaker who gladly took the paper and cleared his throat before reading what's written on it.

"I, your Queen, Bae Joohyun, wants to let Park Chaeyoung be in charged of everything, having the power to lead, decide, and command, once Jennie Kim's group succeeds on taking me down..."

Everyone gasped at that, including Jennie.

So all this time... Irene knows her plan?

The rules speaker cleared his throat to keep his mind out of the gutter because he's also surprised to know that.

"Rosé will take over everything, including the throne, until she's certain that the heiress is ready to be the next Queen."

"Heiress?"

"What does she mean by that?"

"Does our Queen have a daughter?"

"I've been keeping a child away from everyone's eyes, taking her under my care, preparing her to be the next ruler of the underworld. She will only be revealed on her coronation day that will be decided by Park Chaeyoung. Other than that, I want everyone to respect and accept Rosé as your new Queen."

The grand hall then was suddenly filled with different comments and opinions after the rules speaker finished reading the paper.

"This can't be!" Jennie shouted once again, gaining everyone's attention.

The rules speaker close the paper then look at Jennie. "The orders were clear." He said and signals some men to grab Jennie which they immediately did.

"Don't touch me! This is unacceptable! I worked hard for this! Let go of me! NOOO!!" Jennie was hysterically trying to escape from the men's grip on her as they drag her down the throne.

"Miss Park?" The rules speaker said as he motioned for Rosé to go walk towards the throne.

Rosé nervously look at the throne, then to Mina.

"Go on. It's yours." Mina said as she smiled at her reassuringly.

Rosé then noticed everyone's eyes on her, waiting for her to go to the throne that's meant for her.

Heaving a deep breath, she started walking while thinking about her half-sister and pretend-sister that she didn't see on her way here nor inside this huge hall. She could just hope that they're both fine.

She turn her back from the throne to face everyone. Her heartbeat immediately speeds up seeing them looking at her.

She rested her hands on the armrests before sitting down hesitantly. But when she was already seated, she felt it.

The authority. The power. The responsibility and the need to fulfill Irene's wishes.

Mina walks up beside her, facing everyone as well.

"Ladies and gentlemen, pay tribute..." She met Rosé's hesitant and worried eyes so she smiled at her. "... To the new Queen of the underworld."

The worry of everyone not accepting her as the new Queen suddenly vanished the moment everyone started clapping their hands.

It almost makes Rosé tear up due to overwhelming happiness and relief, but she stops herself from tearing up in front of everyone.

She should stay firm and collected to survive this world. She can't show weakness.

So clearing her throat, everybody stopped and waited for her words.

"As your new Queen, I want everyone to kill each people that's on Jennie's side." First words from the new Queen.

_____

June 17, 2022