17

The walk to Soobin's hospital is very quiet. The quiet parking lot making the surrounding even more creepy yet calming for Renjun. This is the scene that the omega always get whenever he visit his son, Soobin.

Children playing at the hospital's park. Running, jumping, making sand castle and bubbles all they can. A kid even fell from his run but get up real quickly as he want to catch his friend.

The sound of children laughing making the omega's heart swell. He couldn't be more happy if he see his own son running and jumping around him, but the boy couldn't do that. Renjun always thought that he failed to give Soobin a normal life, yet it actually wasn't even his fault.

He then spot a child on a wheelchair, playing cube while smiling at his nurse. He grin at the sight.

"Soobinie~" he called the boy.

"Baba!" in a flash, Soobin rolled his wheelchair to go fast to his father. Whenever Renjun come to meet him, the boy always expected to get some new gifts or sweets. Because that's what Renjun always get him. But to be truth, he just want his father beside him everytime, though it hard to get that.

Renjun kneeled in front of Soobin and pull him into a tight and comforting hug. "How's my baby is doing? Do you have fun?" he kissed everywhere on Soobin face.

The alpha boy giggled. Feeling funny and ticklish when his father rub his nose to his cheeks. "I made a new friend. He got transferred here 2 days ago. Her mother giving me this cube for me to solve. She's a really good person Baba. And my new friend, Yeri is really funny," he laugh first before finishing his story. "There's a time when a nurse tried to fed her pills, but she don't want to take it. she ran from our room and fell flat on her face because her short legs couldn't run anymore."

Renjun smiled. He bring the boy on his laps, caressing the sick boy lovingly. The fact that Soobin being talkative isn't something to take lightly. He need to meet this Yeri person and thank her for everything she did. She made his lonely and poor boy into all cheery and bubbly.

"Where's Yeri, Binnie?" Renjun asked curiously.

"She's there. Playing with her sister and moms." He point at a pair of girls with slight age different. The one with patient attire must be Yeri, the other one with 2 ponytails must be her sister.

"Let's go and meet them. I wanna know more about your new friend." Soobin beamed excitingly and hug Renjun tighter. Letting his father carry him to his wheelchair and push him closer to the family.

Renjun push the chair to the said girl. He put on his most fatherly smile toward the girl when the girl wave at them. He giggling while running to Soobin and Renjun. Soobin, with all of his might and strength, stand up and open his arm for Yeri to give him a bear hug.

"Soobinie!" the girl exclaim in the hug. Soobin gladly accept the hug and bow a little at her parents.

Looking at the sight, Renjun's heart felt warm. But he shook his head seeing as his son and the girl are only care the things that happened in their own world. he goes to the parents.

"Hi, my name is Huang Renjun. Just call me Renjun. Thank you for letting Yeri befriended with my son." He give a soft and calming smile and pull out his hand for a handshake. The scent around him turn to vanilla and strawberry scent making the parents grin widely at the smell that the omega omit.

A male alpha, as Renjun guess took his hand for a handshake. "Hi. Glad to finally meet you. Soobin has been talking about you a lot to us. I'm Park Jinyoung. And this is my wife, Bae Joohyun."

"Just call me Irene. My family and friends call me that." She shook hand with Renjun next.

"And I'm Sooyoung. You can call me Joy. Cause I bring happiness and joy to your life." The girl chuckled at her own introduction and run toward her sister and friend. She bump into them making Yeri had to hold Soobin from falling.

The parents laugh at them. Children's happiness are their own happiness. It hard to say that it wasn't the case because a child is a gem for their own parents.

Renjun, Jinyoung and Irene took a sit at the near bench with Jinyoung between them. The parents look at Renjun with curious eyes. And of course, Renjun know what they want to ask. So he let them be.

"Can I ask you something?" Irene start.

"Yeah, go ahead," his eyes on Soobin. Not even a second his eyes avert from the boy.

"What happened to Soobin? Why is he here for so long?" Irene carefully ask without wanting to hurt Renjun's feeling.

Inhaled, Renjun took a deep breath before he start talking. And yes, he won't let the stranger know his dark and dirty past, but a bit about Soobin won't hurt, right? They are just a stranger that just pass by in his life.

"I got pregnant when I was 18. As a mere minor, my body couldn't protect Soobin in my own body for so long and I got weaker as time pass by. So I had to deliver him as early as I can. He was born prematurely, and that make his heart weaker than any average newborn. That's why, he need to be warded since he's 5. The doctor want to monitor him closely so there won't be any problem for him to continue living." His eyes got droopy and his face turn darker.

"I'm sorry that it happened to you." Irene move from Jinyoung's side to Renjun. She took his hand to hers and rub a small circle for reassurance.

"It's fine. With a little bit more time, Soobin will be better and healthy. I just know that will happened soon." He said to Irene. Jinyoung pull them into a hug. He pat the younger's head for being and keeping a brave and staying strong for his son. He is just proud of the young.

It felt weird when a stranger did that to him. But for some reason, he find comfort in the little conversation they had together. He felt content in the moment. The most content he had ever be in the hospital since the first day Soobin was warded. He find hope in the moment.

"I'm proud of you. I don't know what happened when you have him. But for you to choose to keep him, and tend to his need. Giving him the good treatment. I'm sure, he is proud to have you as his dad." Jinyoung spoke and threw his look at the three kids.

Renjun hang his head lower. Those words of comfort making him more emotional and somehow, he felt comforted. He muttered a thank you to both of the older couple.

"Soobin will get better. You'll get through this." Irene smiled.

"Yeah, we will."