Choices

The elevator dings and the gang spills out into the hallway. The Hotel is full. Vampires, demons and humans are making this their home away from home. "What's with all the hubbub?" Crash asks as he passes a four eyed seven-foot tall Mosket demon.

"I don't know but it's usually not good, these guys don't like to stay near each other, much less in the same building." Jane knocks on Or's door, Morphy opens it. He steps aside, everyone enters, he shifts his eyes at Crash who flashes a nervous smile as he passes. Or's glowing blue eyes peeks out at them from behind a pantry, she seems frazzled. "You okay Or?" Crash asks.

"Well aside from all the running around- the whole subhuman community's in an uproar, I thought the life of a hotel manager was supposed to be fairly low key, now look at me!"

"What's going on with them?" Belle asks.

"You didn't hear? That man, the one who attacked you, he's lost someone, he's looking for you, all of you, he wants retribution. I thought that was why you were here?"

"We didn't kill anyone-" Belle starts, Jane interrupts, "We're here for Nathan, we need to find him, especially now that Cat eyes is-" She stops when Nathan steps out from behind the bedroom door.

"That's the other reason I thought you came..." Or says. Without speaking Jane runs into him, her arms wrapping hard tight around his shoulders. He's surprised by the force of it. "Ow, you really are a slayer!.. Ow Ow." She lets go apologizing. Belle walks up to him as if in a dream. "Are you okay?" She asks laying a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"I'm okay." He says giving her a great big bear hug, she loses herself in it. Crash shakes his hand, "I'm glad you're okay man."

"Thanks." Nathan says smiling. Olson stands and nods to Nathan unsure of teh etiquette here. "Watcher?" Nathan asks.

"Yup." Olson says.

Nathan goes back to the door, Lilly stays in the bedroom not wanting to get in the way of the reunion. Jane pulls Anne to her, "Nathan this is Anne, she's a seer, she really helped us out when that Caden By-"

Nathan waves for her signaling for her to stop talkingt, he disappears behind the back bedroom door. They wait around waiting for him to reappear, they can hear him whispering to someone in the room. While waiting in silence Crash leans in and whispers to Belle, "You really have a thing for him don't you?" She shakes her head and rolls her eyes unconvincingly.

"I want you guys to meet someone..." Nathan says behind the door, he brings Lilly out from the bedroom. "This is Lilly, she's the one who helped me escape." Lilly, still in mourning manages half smile.

"Helped you? But how?" Belle asks, tasting sour jealousy on her lips.

"I'm a witch." She says, not bragging nor ashamed. Or steps beside her, her hand hovering over the girls shoulder, "A powerful one." she says.

Crash breaks the silence by giving Lilly a big hug. Nathan pulls Jane aside "She's Caden's sister..." he whispers quietly as the rest of the group meets and congratulates her. "Caden's dead, we fought..." Jane's surprise is obvious, she looks at Lilly suspiciously, "Are you sure she's... on our side?"

"I'm sure." He reassures her. "Did you find the prophecy?" Nathan asks.

"Yeah we found it."

"Did you read it? What did it say?"

"We just got the cliff-notes, but it was enough, it's not good."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you in a sec." She turns to Lilly who is trying to be polite by interacting with everyone, Jane gently puts her arms around her, "I'm sorry about your sister, thank you for helping him." Lilly gives her a your welcome nod. Jane notices her bloodshot eyes and pink puffy cheeks, she's been crying for a while. She wonders how the girl can manage to smile so soon after, when her boyfriend Jack died, Jane was almost catatonic. Everyone mourns in different ways she tells herself.