The Dark Age

Lilly and Risser tumble on the concrete in some broken down warehouse. Blood drips from her nose, the toll of such a dangerous spell to perform. Risser stands still dizzy from the trip. "What did you do!? He killed your sister Lilura! He killed your mother!"

Unable to stand up, she yells from the floor. "Shut up! It wasn't him it was us! This is all our fault! Mother took Eli when he wasn't ours to take! We did this, all of this!"

Risser suddenly punches a pillar in the middle of the room, the force of it turns the concrete to dust. "Leave, never come back." He says.

She stands unsteady, wipes her bloody nose and leaves.

........................................

Jane, Crash, Nathan, and Anne stand across the street as Morphy and other creatures from Or's inner circle bring the Hotel crashing down. It collapses in on itself, like an implosion without explosives, without sound, just a hum and drum. Somewhere on the top floor. Belle's Body lays covered in a white sheet as the room comes down all around it.

The sanctuary falls, tainted, defiled, ruined.

"He said he was my brother... It's true isn't it?" Jane says in the silence.

"Yes." Nathan says.

"This is going to keep happening until he and I are the only ones left." Jane says through welling tears. "I need to end this."

"I don't think I can take any more of my friends dying." Crash says.

Jane takes his hand in hers.

"Olson," Anne says, "We have to find him, he said he can helps us. I think it's true, I feel it."

"Which way to London?" Jane asks. Morphy walks to them, pain clear in is eyes. "I can take you there." He says. He and Crash share a glace, united in pain. "You're going to kill them?" he asks.

"Yeah, we're going to kill them." Crash says.

"Okay, follow me."

..........................

In the Watcher's council library Olson Stepeck pours over books, ancient and new alike. Eagerly he reads the passage he's been searching for. From the Watcher's Chronicles, a Slayer two hundred and thirty one years ago, an agent of the first. It's all here, the way to victory. Olson closes the book, as he turns to leave, Travers stands behind him. "Still think this it was a joke?"

"I never said it was."

"I saw it in your eyes before you left here last time, you had no faith in yourself and now look at you."

"I'm still the same man, all I have now is more information."

"On how to kill your enemy, and you go back without hesitation."

"I have to go-"

"Things have changed over there Mr. Stepeck. Or is dead, the sanctuary is in ruins. The word is out, you are fighting an agent of the first with extraordinary power, and he is only

the second in command. Are you sure you want to go back?"

"Or is dead? What about the rest of them? How'd they get in?"

"They can do a lot, they can kill without a second thought. Are you sure you want to go back?"

"Yes I'm sure!"

"And that's why I sent you there in the first place. You're not a joke Mr. Stepeck,

you're a Watcher."

Olson holds the book tight and walks past Travers, no time for compliments. "Take this." Travers says holding out a map to him. "There was a traitor in your midst, the Coven told us where she would be and when, go now, hurry, she won't be there much longer."

.........................

Eli remembers being in the car, strapped upside down in the back by the seat-belt. Six years old, he stared at the front helpless as his mother bled to death. He remembers nuance details like the rain tapping on the metal. Thunder rolling outside. Risser and Lillit with the help of a few black robed men took him out and brought him with them. "My son..." His mother whispered as he cried and cried. But he knows now that it was foretold, everything that happened was for a reason and now it was up to him to make it happen. He would go to his sister the Slayer one last time to try and convince her that this was their purpose. Their destiny. Together they would bring the world into a New A

ge. If she refused, he would have to take drastic measures, he must keep her alive to fulfill the prophecy and he plans to, though it may not be the merciful thing to do.

He thinks about this as he stands at the edge of the skyscraper where Or sent him with the teleportation spell. He watches the city beneath him twinkle and glisten. A good spot for a throne.

..................................

Lilly sobs as she stands in front of the house which once was hers. Now broken and abandoned she finds no place more appropriate for the occasion. She lifts her hands to it as tears pour out- a fire bright and all consuming begins to grow in the house. Dilapidated dressers and rotting tables lay still as a thin fiery film lazily spreads and covers every inch of every clean space. Lilly's tears reflect the yellow fire and turn to steam as she walks into the house. She slips inside, quiet and calm. With no air in her lungs she falls to her knees and as the house begins to shake and fall apart. The sunny fire goes black as she loses consciousness.

Black.

Suddenly her eyes open and she coughs and spits, lungs full of soot. Soothing wet grass beneath her fingers. She opens her eyes to see the young watcher kneeling over her.

"You want to make up for what you did? I can help but don't kill yourself, it's useless"

.............................

Traffic sits at a standstill. Headlights burn bright lighting Risser like a thousand spotlights. He stands in the middle of the street as the car horns blare. Risser extends a hand. The cars in front of him begin to shake, windows explode- Fires start. One by one the cars are engulfed in flame.

A massacre.

Behind him black robed followers gather, their eyes cut out and sown shut, they are called Bringers. Risser watches the flames, he wills them down until smoke is all that remains. He walks his men through the traffic of the dead, so close to the New Age, why put up with the burden of traffic. The power in his veins coursing like electricity, death the only thing on his mind.